A Whiter Shade of Pale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru

That is my secret or guilty pleasure that song. Before my time but when I heard it first time it kind of got into me. I don't know why because slow tempo songs are not my thing. I prefer high energy and higher tempo tunes.

Weren't they a mix of musicians trained in various styles? Jazz musicians teaming up with classically trained musicians hence the style of music and this classically inspired song. Beautiful song indeed and talented people even if that had been their one and only song which it wasn't.

lazybloke

Considering a new username

RIP

Back in the 80s, Radio Mercury would compile an annual "top 300 of all time" and play it over two bank holidays.
As I recall, the top 3 was always a toss-up between Bo Rhap, Stairway or WSOP.
It was fabulous chart - would love to find a listing.

Just had a listen to that youtube clip. Google autocaption isn't very good with song lyrics:
As the military chair
Let out fishes first just posting
Turn the water shut up pale :wacko:
Makes as much sense as the actual lyrics.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I first heard A Whiter Shade Of Pale on a single given to me with other singles on one of those mono record players also given to me by my uncle in 1970. I also remember the b-side, Lime Street Blues. 52 years later I never grow tired of hearing 'whiter shade of pale'! :music:

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I got a Dansette record player and LP for my Christmas when I was around seven or eight and I remember that being on it. I still like it.

Top Bottom