A whole new trend/cycling fashion.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Never mind all of this shaving and smooth legs crap (all of the excuses have worn a bit thin or pardon the pun shaved to oblivion).Clean/hairless legs are for the up & coming very young members(not yet reached puberty) of the youth teams.
What about this for a trend setting eye opener :ohmy:?,let your legs become sun tanned(in the privacy of you own garden or tanning facility)then oil them up to a perfected eye watering (polychromatic lenses needed in the sun shades :sad:)reflective gloss.Now Now Now Then Guys & Gals what about that then.Happy & Safe Riding to You All,Hairless-Hairy-Tanned or Milky White what ever you fetish :laugh:.

jimboalee

Why do cyclists shave their legs anyway? :wacko:

jimboalee

jimboalee said:
Why do cyclists shave their legs anyway? :wacko:

So when they fall off, the medics can stick dressings around the grazes with more adhesive effect.

If you oil your legs and fall off, the oil will hold bacteria and plasters won't stick. You'll get gangrene and have to have the leg amputated.

Then you will be able to sell one of your cranks and pedals to someone who has had a fall and wrecked the crank and pedal on that side.:biggrin:

I used to use Factor 2 suntan oil ( coconut oil ) back in the seventies ( as it became a 'Whole new trend' then ) until I was told it will not help a medic if I am grazed up due to a fall.

Wobbly John

Veteran
jimboalee said:
So when they fall off, the medics can stick dressings around the grazes with more adhesive effect.

Yep, I have experience of that - and it's harder to shave the the hairs, when your hip resembles raw steak, so that the dressing will stick. (I use these clear 'sticky back plastic' burns ones which you leave on for several days)

jimboalee

gazmercer said:
It's more aerodynamic innit ?? hairy legs literally cost you (mili)seconds when racing ;)

That's the myth ;)

If it comes down to milliseconds, they wear full leg skin tights for aerodynamics.

Shaved legs underneath of course in case they fall off and the tights get torn completely away with their skin.

monkeypony

jimboalee said:
Why do cyclists shave their legs anyway? ;)

If you are having regular massage on calfs and thighs it bloody hurts with hairy legs! Thats the reason mine get shaved anyway.

I've never shaved my legs; apparently it makes wounds easier to clean but I don't intend falling off.

Top Bottom