A21 commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good video. It's the atc 2000 you use isn't Mike? It always makes you look slower than you really are, so I am sure you are going a fair wack.

A fair bit of overtaking on the right, with cars coming the other way. Did you not slap my wrist for that previously xx(

bonj2

hmmm. Why have they got red lines in london along the side of the road, shouldn't they be yellow?
Quite trafficky towards 2/3 of the way through!
are your shoes specialized by the way? look similar to mine.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL! I think I at most expressed a little discomfort with your overtake, and in fairness the same applies to my own overtake there. It comes back to the whole I'm being a bit too pushy at the moment as per the topic on commuting. I'm sitting between 22-34mph along most of that section.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
bonj said:
hmmm. Why have they got red lines in london along the side of the road, shouldn't they be yellow?
Quite trafficky towards 2/3 of the way through!
are your shoes specialized by the way? look similar to mine.

Primary routes in London are called Red Routes, and they have different rules as regards stopping and parking.

Unless you're in a black cab, when you are encouraged to stop wherever you like, followed by a U-turn........

bonj2

zimzum42 said:
Primary routes in London are called Red Routes, and they have different rules as regards stopping and parking.

Unless you're in a black cab, when you are encouraged to stop wherever you like, followed by a U-turn........

so how do the rules differ?

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I'm can't tell you every different rule. I know that red routes are enforced by a central body, and other roads' rules are enforced by local councils.

I think the rules are the same in general, so it's mailnly that the lines are red, the rules are enforced by TFL or the Met or something, and you get special boxes for parking/loading etc......

domtyler

Über Member
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/finesandregulations/949.aspx

Red routes

Bus on red route The red route is a network of 580km of London's roads, which carry 35 per cent of the city's traffic. Free-flowing traffic on these roads is essential to keep London moving - parking on the red route causes jams and clogs up the system.
Red route parking

Roads on the red route have stopping and parking restrictions in place.

You can identify them by red no-stopping lines and road signs indicating when parking, stopping, loading or unloading is allowed.

TfL is responsible for traffic enforcement along the route, using a combination of traffic wardens, community support officers and an extensive network of CCTV cameras.

Hmmm interesting. Some of your going down the outside looked a little risque but it's difficult to tell from a camera shot, I daresay you'd eyeballed those drivers half way across the jct and were sure they weren't going to cross in front of you.

Were you in the middle of the road going through the section with the little centre islands?

Top Bottom