A29 West Sussex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whiskey88

http://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/news...st-dies-in-a29-pulborough-collision-1-5539964

A 27-year old female cyclist has been killed after the driver of a Citroen Xsara decided to cross double-white lines to overtake another vehicle and collided head-on with the cyclist.

"Two people were arrested at the scene, a 22-year-old woman from Crawley and a 17-year-old boy from Horsham, for death by dangerous driving, drink driving and theft of a vehicle. A 26-year-old man from Billingshurst, believed to be the driver, was arrested in Storrington for death by dangerous driving, drink driving and driving while disqualified." (The driver fled the scene after losing control after the collision with the cyclist and crashing).

Another needless death. RIP.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Driving whilst disqualified!!!! You just couldn't make it up.

There is just no way of dealing with idiots like this, nothing will ever act as a deterrent and you cant lock up everyone who has been banned.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I've just read this on the Crawley Observer website and I feel physically sick. Those are my local roads.

I hope she rests in peace and justice is served.

Literally my worst nightmare on the roads around here.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The driver has been bailed

http://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/news...st-dies-in-a29-pulborough-collision-1-5542660

BAILED? Take a look at what he has been charged with...

"He has been bailed for death by dangerous driving, failing to stop at a road collision, failing to report an accident, driving while being under the influence of drugs and causing a death while driving an unlicensed, uninsured car while being disqualified. “He has been bailed until January 15 2014 while investigations continue."

and they've calmly put him out where he will, no doubt, climb behind the wheel of another car.

WTF?

For three and a half months he may be driving around Sussex. He was already banned, so bans don't mean anything to him. wtf indeed.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
There ought to be a demo ride to that mags court to protest about this...it's sickening.

Tim Hall

Driver jailed for 20 weeks for the driving while disqualified and insurance offences according to the BBC. Investigations continuing into death by dangerous driving aspects.

Link.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The driver has been bailed

http://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/news...st-dies-in-a29-pulborough-collision-1-5542660

BAILED? Take a look at what he has been charged with...

"He has been bailed for death by dangerous driving, failing to stop at a road collision, failing to report an accident, driving while being under the influence of drugs and causing a death while driving an unlicensed, uninsured car while being disqualified. “He has been bailed until January 15 2014 while investigations continue."

and they've calmly put him out where he will, no doubt, climb behind the wheel of another car.

WTF?
It appears he is on bail for the above list of crimes whilst in jail, as of yesterday, for others. And not it appears on remand but a straightforward custodial sentence. Clearly someone on the Magistrates Bench has some common sense.

OP
OP
Whiskey88

Whiskey88

When I wrote my comment, I wasn't aware of the custodial sentence that had already been handed out. So long as he's somewhere where he can't be anymore of a tw@ then it's good news for the rest of us really. Hopefully this current time in custody won't be taken as "time served" when he is convicted of his other crimes.

Top Bottom