AA and safety camera warnings.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IIRC there was a previous organisation called the Cyclist Touring Club.

They had an increasing number of people driving the new fangled cars and they wanted the CTC to campaign on their behalf as well - the CTC refused, so a breakaway group met at the Trocadero

SO the AA is in fact a splinter group of the CTC!

subaqua

What’s the point
I believe (but will accept corrections) that it's because we still have an archaic bit of law which says there's a 30 limit if there are street lights, so if it's not 30 and there are lights there are repeaters, if there aren't lights and there's a limit other than national there are repeaters, if there are lights and it's 30 there are no repeaters.

That was fine when there were fewer street lights and generally they coincided with 30 limits, now it's just confusing.

its really simple. no repeaters and its a 30, all other limits have to have repeaters . if I don't see a repeater I assume its 30.

subaqua

What’s the point
2136925 said:
Yes but making drivers think about anything, other than the road ahead, is dangerous apparently.
ROFLMAO . yes even asking them to think about using mirrors and signals before turning overloads brains apparently

mcr

Veteran
No, Davidc's interpretation is correct. 30mph zones without street lights set a certain distance apart have to have repeaters (which is why our tiny village of 200 got 9 of the signs when a 30 limit finally came in in March).

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Correct. Then you are likely to crash.
Badders! Nice to see you again, dismal contribution to the discussion notwithstanding. Sort out your avatar, would you?

GrasB

Veteran
Correct. Then you are likely to crash.
If you can't keep to the speed limit then you're a dangerous driver & IMO are obligated to hang up the keys because you're not safe on the roads. I can keep a my car at the speed limit easily enough for anything over 20mph* which does 0-60mph in sub-5.5s, 30-80mph (4th) in 4.3s & has hit 168mph & was still accelerating rather quickly

* speed limits under 20mph are a little interesting as the rpm is either very low or very high due to the large ratio jumps. I'd like to make 1st lower & 2nd higher then put a gear in between them to smooth out the big jumps between 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

Spot on. Trouble is Mr Plod won't raise much money.

How very dare you.....

Don't you know that uniformed Police Offers standing by the side of the road with speed cameras cause accidents due to panic braking, and cause otherwise low abiding motorists to concentrate on looking for Police Officers rather than the road?

Spelling corrected after bread based criticism!

irw

Quadricyclist
How very dare you.....

Don't you know that uniformed Police Offers standing by the side of the road with speed cameras cause accidents due to panic baking, and cause otherwise low abiding motorists to concentrate on looking for Police Officers rather than the road?

Damn that under-cooked bread! Or is it because people are eating it too quickly out of the oven?:heat:

Top Bottom