AA/Populus poll

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gibbyent

Also I always thought the liability one was it is presumed to be the driver liable unless it was proved to be the cyclists fault, not the driver is liable regardless of fault. So the question is not even talking about the proposed law.

Completed poll.

Hope we don't skew the results;)

jonesy

Guru
andrew-the-tortoise said:
Completed poll.

Hope we don't skew the results;)

I'm worried about this, not because of 'skewing' the results- no survey in which the participants select themselves, so cannot be controlled in any way can be regarded as remotely scientific- but because it is bound to have been set up to support a dubious policy agenda of the AA and by filling it in we risk giving it false credibility by bumping up the sample size. Expect to see a press release attacking a presumed-liability straw man, claiming lots of support from cyclists as well as drivers...

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
jonesy said:
I'm worried about this, not because of 'skewing' the results- no survey in which the participants select themselves, so cannot be controlled in any way can be regarded as remotely scientific- but because it is bound to have been set up to support a dubious policy agenda of the AA and by filling it in we risk giving it false credibility by bumping up the sample size. Expect to see a press release attacking a presumed-liability straw man, claiming lots of support from cyclists as well as drivers...

Could be worth while launching our own poll in "support", then? ;)

Cab

Its like the whole thing builds up to asking a deeply flawed, biased question that puts a deliberately misleading slant on proposals for liability. Its a poll of the very worst kind, which is only what I'd expect from the AA.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Forget where I saw it but some pedestrian was complaining about this presumed liability stuff and seemed to think that they'd have to pay the cyclist ;)

My god this country is full of morons. :cold:

Top Bottom