AA/Populus poll

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
The current one of these has some cycling questions, and some drink-drive ones.

I don't know how many people take part in these, but it can only be improved by some input from here :wacko:.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Linky not functioning. Interested to see what is is too :wacko:

marinyork

Done, interesting there were cycling questions. Thanks for that, although as I oppose a reduction in the drink drive limit for motor vehicles I'm not sure you'd have liked some of my answers but I did put someone should lose their license on the spot.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've done it too - thought it wasn't too bad as survey's go. I note although it asked about how many cars our household had ... it didn't ask how many bikes;).

snorri

Legendary Member
Interesting to see the poll offered another opportunity to have a go at HGV drivers who as a group are the best on the road, in my experience.
Strikes me these London skip drivers are damaging the reputation of HGV drivers nationwide.

thomas

the tank engine
User said:
I've done it - but some of the questions (such as the presumed liability one) were so loaded... All we have to do is wait for the "90% of those polled opposed a presumed liability" to know that their tactic worked.

It's a shame, as the others seemed to be well written. I was tempted to click "don't know" for that one, just to bump down the results...but didn't :biggrin:

GrasB

Veteran
An interesting pole & mostly well written, though there did seem to be some loaded questions.

During an average week, how often does your child (or children) attend activities outside of school that require you to drive:

So no option not to drive?

Can kids not cycle to activities in the evenings?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Cunobelin said:
So no option not to drive?

Can kids not cycle to activities in the evenings?

In fairness, I don't think that's loaded in quite the way you've read it, but the interesting word here is 'required'. People have very different ideas about when a car journey is 'required'. Do they really mean that a car is the only viable means of transport to get to the destination, or do they merely mean that it's the most convenient and least physically demanding?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
snorri said:
Interesting to see the poll offered another opportunity to have a go at HGV drivers who as a group are the best on the road, in my experience.
Strikes me these London skip drivers are damaging the reputation of HGV drivers nationwide.
they're also killing cyclists, but you have a point. If you're concerned about risk, then that concern could do with a bit of targeting...

GrasB

Veteran
dellzeqq said:
they're also killing cyclists, but you have a point. If you're concerned about risk, then that concern could do with a bit of targeting...
HGV drivers in general are very good I find & give the most space (it's interesting that HGV tend to find almost a cars width of road space on the bigger roads where car drivers can barely find 1m). The problem is the small minority of HGV drivers seem to be intent on bullying all other road users off the road or are completely ignorant of the potential disaster unleashed by their actions.

marinyork

The main problem I have with HGV drivers is they routinely use roads that they shouldn't really be doing as short cuts (and no I don't mean ones where they are specifically told not to use them) and this makes like less pleasant for peds and cyclists.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
User said:
I've done it - but some of the questions (such as the presumed liability one) were so loaded... All we have to do is wait for the "90% of those polled opposed a presumed liability" to know that their tactic worked.

Loaded. Definately. And that is exactly what I thought when I just read through the questions.

Top Bottom