Aaaahhh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
Well, I've just ventured to the local shop - didn't go too well - as soon as the cold air hit my infected airways I was coughing and snotting like a good un. Spread my germs all around the Co-Op and then spluttered my way home.

Fab!

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I hope you bought therapeutic pastries, chocolate, Haribo etc...

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Excellent for a sore throat if the dairy doesn't up the snot quotient!

Tis a myth... they did do a study on it too.....

We conclude that no statistically significant overall association can be detected between milk and dairy product intake and symptoms of mucus production in healthy adults, either asymptomatic or symptomatic, with rhinovirus infection

I too am not allowed out on the bike due to an ear thingy... I can wobble like a drunkard to the shops and I still have the school run but no cycling... I cut and 1/2 made a witch hat instead... I just have the brim to sew to the cone this evening when my ouchy headache disappears...

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
A whole 51 subjects in the study. Must be conclusive. Not surprised they couldn't make any statistically significant conclusions on that number

Sara_H

Guru
@SatNavSaysStraightOn might disagree. Yoghurt definitely makes me phlegmy
I'm going with what Satav says, she's a walking medical encyclopaedia! Still gonna eat my ice cream though!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I don't think milk creates more snot, it just seems to make it thicker/claggier for me. I used to drink black coffee or tea with lemon but have now become a convert to China (green) tea as opposed to the Indian (black) tea. Not the muck that Twinings peddle though as there is a great Chinese shop in Leicester that sells imported Xiamen 'Sea Dyke Brand' teabags at less than a quid for a box of 20. :cuppa:

Top Bottom