Aaargh.....I did it again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Wouldn't you think that after riding clipless for several years now that I would not try a sharp uphill turn from stationary whilst one foot is still clipped in?

That's what I did yesterday and predictably went apex over base onto my right side. Now my bike is sporting scratches to the right hand hood and lever and scars to the rear mech and me. Worst thing is though I went down with much weight on my right foot and it smarts like hell even now.

So now, after the inevitable extracting of the waters by you chaps, couls I please request a little sympathy from the gentler sex?:tongue:

montage

God Almighty
scars to rear mech...You checked the hanger isnt bent? (spin it round on largest cog).
Anyway, at least you have personalised the paintwork!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Gerry Attrick said:
So now, after the inevitable extracting of the waters by you chaps, couls I please request a little sympathy from the gentler sex?:evil:

Oh, there there, you poor poor thing. Let me mop your brow a little.

Is that the sort of thing?

OP
OP
Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Look, you doubters, this was a hill in my village which is where the local post box is situated. I was posting a letter, after which I tried to push off from a standing start up said hill. It is a well-known fact that the Post Office situate their facilities only in the most inconvenient places for all their customers, but particularly cyclists. In addition, the tarmac had only just been re-laid, so if I took it upon myself to (closely) inspect the quality of the new covering, why should you lot have any problem with it?

As it happens, the new surface is extremely grippy, i.e. abrasive, and if you doubters insist upon er....doubting this fact, then I may well be forced to publish the unpleasant evidence of my assertions.

In the meantime, I will take comfort in the kind ministrations of Arch.

Thank you.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Gerry Attrick said:
In the meantime, I will take comfort in the kind ministrations of Arch.

Thank you.

How's that brow doing? Any more mopping needed? Are you feverish at all? Would you like a cup of tea?

Top Bottom