aaarrrgggggggggg!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speccy1

Why are there so many braindead muppets out there that insist they have to walk in cycle lanes, and when you "remind" them they hurl abuse at you:angry:?? Does this thouroughly annoy anybody else or is it just me who gets to work every morning with the right f*^&%$g hump?!!!

Doesn't really annoy me anymore.I now go via Cannon Street when im feeling saucy.Hundreds of peds there.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Is it a cycle lane on a pavement?

If so, I can sympathize to some extent, but really the lane shouldn't be there at all, it's a retarded approach....

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Take the lane through Hyde Park for example, it's pointless, people wandering all over it, rollerbladers in the way, the list goes on...

I just ride up Park Lane

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Shared use areas - steer clear - recipe for disaster especially if you actually want to get moving - if ambling along, then why does it matter. Cycle Lanes - avoid unless they are actually any use.

Chill fella....

zimzum42 said:
Is it a cycle lane on a pavement?
My thoughts exactly; is it a shared use path with a line down the middle or an on road cycle lane.
With the former its very common to find peds straying but there allowed to and you just have to live with it. If its an on road cycle lane it does occaisionally happen and it is annoying but again live with it or you become one of those 'get out of my way types'. If you know its happening regularly in the latter you just have to be prepared to adjust your positioning there.

ianrauk said:
Made me laugh out loud it did ;)

*Wayne's World when Wayne goes to buy the guitar.

Good practice with the peds that's why I like it more than I used to.

As I found out yesterday cabs like to come into the mix as well.;)

schlafsack

zimzum42 said:
Take the lane through Hyde Park for example, it's pointless, people wandering all over it, rollerbladers in the way, the list goes on...

The cycle lanes through Hyde Park are pedestrian pavements that cycles just so happen to be allowed to use. Cyclists are guests and should always behave as such.

Pedestrians have priority over all other users of pathways, even in areas designated and marked for other purposes. You are asked to use these pathways considerately, especially when passing.

medals

It annoys me too. I use one cycle lane from Warwick uni to Fletchamstead highway in Coventry. the cycle & pedestrian lanes are clearly marked and yet still some people walk in the cycle lane. It's not rocket science!
And I got told off by a bl**dy bus driver the other day for not using the excuse for a cycle lane on the other side of the Flechamstead crossroads. He didn't seem to realise that actually it is my legal right to use the road, especially when I was doing aound twenty mph. Idiot! Grrrr.
<and relax>

just4fun

speccy1 said:
Why are there so many braindead muppets out there that insist they have to walk in cycle lanes, and when you "remind" them they hurl abuse at you:angry:?? Does this thouroughly annoy anybody else or is it just me who gets to work every morning with the right f*^&%$g hump?!!!

i find it really annoying too, the sad thing is thats probably how car drivers view us.

Arch

Married to Night Train
medals said:
It annoys me too. I use one cycle lane from Warwick uni to Fletchamstead highway in Coventry. the cycle & pedestrian lanes are clearly marked and yet still some people walk in the cycle lane. It's not rocket science!
And I got told off by a bl**dy bus driver the other day for not using the excuse for a cycle lane on the other side of the Flechamstead crossroads. He didn't seem to realise that actually it is my legal right to use the road, especially when I was doing aound twenty mph. Idiot! Grrrr.
<and relax>

Markings on cycle paths mean nothing to pedestrians - legally. They are not legally required to stay on one side. Cyclists are. That's just the way it is.

Obviously, it's polite to stay out of the way, and I always do. But many pedestrians aren't even aware of where they are walking, let alone where we'd prefer them to walk...

Arch

Married to Night Train
just4fun said:
i find it really annoying too, the sad thing is thats probably how car drivers view us.

In which case, it's better for your blood pressure to chill out a bit, which is what we expect drivers to do for us....

dudi

eddiemee said:
It would annoy me, but I gave up on cycle lanes about three years ago.

Me too, never use cycle paths/lanes unless there's no other option. but that's mostly due to my local council being total re-treads about road maintenance.
their view must be that the road is say 8 metres wide.. you only really need to bother keeping the middle 6 metres in good nick as that's the bit that gets used most.

as such, all my local farcilities are pot-holed, glass strewn, lumpy, bumpy, raised and sunken drains, and utterly useless.
I saw one yesterday that was about 5 metres long, totally useless.

we also have cycle lanes run along the pavement next to the road, but every 50 metres you have to cross the intersecting road... what's the point?!

Top Bottom