aaarrrgggggggggg!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I never trust shared use cycle lanes. They suggest one thing - that peds and cyclist will segregate nicely - and deliver another: peds walking in the cycle lane, peds strung across both lanes, peds wandering from one to another lane on their mobile phones, zoned-out peds in a world of their own with mp3 players blasting away in both ears...

I stick to roads by and large.

yello

schlafsack said:
The cycle lanes through Hyde Park are pedestrian pavements that cycles just so happen to be allowed to use. Cyclists are guests and should always behave as such.

Indeed. Not the point zimzum was making though, as he'd probably be aware of and agree with the above. The point is that those cycle lanes are, at certain times, a pain for a cyclist to use. More broadly, shared cyclist/pedestrian lanes don't always work. They can but not always. Personally, I reckon cycle lanes (shared or otherwise) should be kept away from busy pedestrian areas.

Reminds me of a new walking/cycle route being worked on near where I live. It was the old railway. To keep motorcycles off, they've put up barriers every couple of hundred yards - and they're a right pain to negotiate on a bicycle!
l
Welcome btw. It's not rare for someone to sign-on and wade-in straightaway but others have said hello first. :rolleyes::smile:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Indeed, it wasn't anything to do with y point, but couldn't be arsed to argue it out...

Park Lane is actually a really easy ride, loads of space and lots of visibility. The lanes through the park are a nightmare most of the time.....

Top Bottom