Aaarrrgghhhh 'Round-Robin' letter smugness...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
mrs alecetc the elder ie mum used to do one every year. hopefully my sis and i have brought sufficient disgrace that she doesn't bother anymore (or now not having kids living with her has made it not worth while).

was quite amusing how she managed to "spin" the fact that i'd failed my a-levels into a positive "refocussing" exercise :angry:

biking_fox

Guru
Cor you bunch of curmudgeons. I enjoy recieving them, and catching up on peoples' news. I'm only too well aware that I don't spend enough time visiting friends and relatives, so it's very welcome to recieve an update on what is happening in their lives. Although I coudl do without all the
"cute" baby pics. They all look the same to me.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Aperitif said:
In Liverpool I heard they write each other cards..."youse goin' a round robbin' this xmas..?"
Yenrod probably knows... :wacko::tongue:
*shake his head in despair*

"youse goin' a round robbin' this chrimbo..?" If you are going to stereotype, at least get the vernacular correct :evil:

ChrisKH

Guru
We used to get one from a friend of my wife's who is a banking ex-pat but I stopped reading them as all we heard about was how life is marvellous in Hong Kong, Singapore, Abu Dhabi, etc (why isn't there a retching Smilie?) and how they will retire at 55 on final salary pension. AAAAAARrrgggghhhhhh!

I'm getting some payback now as they are in Korea (and he is really having to work). :evil:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
biking_fox said:
Cor you bunch of curmudgeons. I enjoy recieving them, and catching up on peoples' news.

I'm with you, and I send them too... however anyone who has ever talked to me about my one usually says they look forward to it... cos I'm not the best communicator in the world (so it may be the only time they hear from me) and I definately try to make it humorous. The only boast I made in my letter was that both hubby and I were now cycling to work and that I beat him hands down for the number of days and total distance:biggrin:. And I did manage to get a photo of us cycling in Switzerland too.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I've only received one, and it was very amusingly written, not at all boasty (unless you count "Daughter is enjoying her job and has taken up running" as a boast). So I really enjoyed reading it - I know the chap has a great sense of humour, and is fun to chat to, and he did incude a more personal greeting in the card....

I don't think it's the sort of thing I'd do, I'd just end up recalling all the miserable or irritating stuff, and driving people to despair.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Arch said:
I've only received one, and it was very amusingly written, not at all boasty (unless you count "Daughter is enjoying her job and has taken up running" as a boast). So I really enjoyed reading it - I know the chap has a great sense of humour, and is fun to chat to, and he did incude a more personal greeting in the card....

I don't think it's the sort of thing I'd do, I'd just end up recalling all the miserable or irritating stuff, and driving people to despair.

Ah, but if you were a disabled person on the dole, it could be a very different matter....

Top Bottom