"Abandoned" car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
What did the council say? I would have thought that if a vehicle is taxed and insured and parked in a legal place on the public highway, and is not causing an obstruction then no offence has been committed and there's little that anyone can do, especially if as here the owner can be traced and says it's not abandoned.
Have to admit I was a bit surprised myself. I actually started off saying something like 'I know there's not a lot you can do, since it's got a tax disc and isn't actually breaking any laws as far as I can see, but...' and the guy from the council said they'd try to find out who the owner was and 'make enquiries', or something like that. I didn't hold out much hope, but like I say, shortly after that it disappeared and never returned.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Report it. I did it to a neighbour who left am old car on the road for months. It was untaxed so quickly had a notice slapped on it and was gone.

Down side of a cul De sac; no one checks.

The neighbour is an arse. Hissed off all the connecting houses by building a detached outhouse for his wayward son. Said to a neighbour it was a Wendy house... hmm.

SD1

Report it to both the council and police. One will say its the others responsibility.
From experience that is true. Pushing my mothers wheel chair out onto a busy A road just so some tosser can?? And both said see the other.

Top Bottom