Aberdeen Press hates the Cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

The guy has a point but it's hardly the fault of the cyclist that the council are building ill-considered cycle lanes.

At a time when services for the elderly and the disabled are being cut, it is nothing short of scandalous that the pampering of cyclists continues uninterrupted.

Gosh, must move to Aberdeen. I fancy a bit of uninterrupted pampering!

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
yello said:
The guy has a point but it's hardly the fault of the cyclist that the council are building ill-considered cycle lanes.

Gosh, must move to Aberdeen. I fancy a bit of uninterrupted pampering!

I agree he did have a point but he went a bit bananas trying to get it out. :girl:

jimboalee

"Why do politicians and public servants do everything in their power to alienate the motoring public?"

Politicians and public servants are voted into office to carry out the wishes of the majority.
The wishes of the majority must be "To lower the number of road deaths".

Easy.

yello

Eat MY Dust said:
I'm sure I read somewhere that Aberdeenshire was the most dangerous place in the UK for cyclists.

It's probably all those demented homeless elderly codgers wondering the streets. They're a blinkin' hazard they are.

snorri

Legendary Member
It is not unusual to find ignorant rants like this in the Letters columns of newspapers, but in this case the article was in the Editorial so presumably had the full approval of the Editor. The pro car stance of the Press and Journal is well known in its circulation area, no doubt influenced by the advertising revenue it receives from the motor vehicle industry.:girl:
It is interesting to note none of the comments submitted by readers support the views expressed in the editorial.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Eat MY Dust said:
I'm sure I read somewhere that Aberdeenshire was the most dangerous place in the UK for cyclists.

Aberdeen is one of the worst places to cycle I have ever lived in, there are large parts of Aberdeenshire which are great...

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Eat MY Dust said:

The CTC website had something on that. London being pretty close iirc.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I don't have a problem with people criticising particular schemes as I think in many cases the schemes I have looked at are poor value for money or in some cases pretty much a complete waste of money. I do have a problem with people ranting in general against cycling facilities vaguely going on about the amount of money and then stoking up uneducated rants against cyclists we've all heard before.

D-Rider

Hmmm.... I'm probably getting seconded to Aberdeen for about a year. Looking forward to the new commute! Still, at least the majority of the comments about the article are cycle-friendly.

Top Bottom