Aberystwyth circular route.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
just make sure your brakes are adjusted and working, those short sharp hills are hard going up and deadly going down, especially if there has been a little bit of precipitation.

I doubt you'll struggle for wild camping spots, I think your toughest decision will be how long you can stay.

enjoy and don't forget some images :okay:

I'll do my best..:smile:

Don't tell the others but I've got disc brakes now..

They make me feel more confident at stopping in the wet :okay:

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Wasted my time. I'm now a cyclist and a trail runner and I kick myself.

Couldn't really avoid being 'outdoorsy' at Ag college.

And I'd often do the eight mile commute there and back by bike :smile:

Don't kick yourself tho..

You got there in the end :bicycle:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
The road up through Hafren Forest to Stay little is also lovely. Continuing it’s a steep descent to Mach. Separately you have NantyMoch reservoir up there. The top reservoir above Elan has a gravel track on right which would take any camping out of range of those in cars and others. Picnic tables at dam where track starts.

Personally I’d get an OS Map out and work out a loop via yellow roads. You can’t go far wrong with yellow roads in mid Wales for solitude and scenery.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
The road up through Hafren Forest to Stay little is also lovely. Continuing it’s a steep descent to Mach. Separately you have NantyMoch reservoir up there. The top reservoir above Elan has a gravel track on right which would take any camping out of range of those in cars and others. Picnic tables at dam where track starts.

Personally I’d get an OS Map out and work out a loop via yellow roads. You can’t go far wrong with yellow roads in mid Wales for solitude and scenery.

Ta very much..I think this might have to be an extended trip..

Yes I'm of an age that an excursion in the UK cannot proceed without a good gander at the OS.
(Or Harvey's)

Don't have a problem with online mapping..

But there's something about seeing the whole lot laid out like that..

Top Bottom