About time too...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Your level of fitness and enthusiasm will soon catch up with the quality of your bike, giving you enjoyment and pleasure beyond your wildest dreams.

Then this thing, n+1, WILL kick in. You have been warned! :evil:

Enjoy your riding.

OP
OP
N

Nonethewiser

Finally after being away for a long weekend down Dorset and some general fannying about, I managed my first ride this morning. I'm pleased to report that it went well and at least I didn't manage to fall off! The bike is a revelation compared to what I have ridden in the past and behaved so well that after my initial wobbling I forgot all about it and concentrated on looking where I was going. The one thing that has changed since my old Raleigh is the use of the combined brake and gear shift levers and I have to admit that I approached these devices with some trepidation. I needn't have worried. The Shimano 105 groupset behaved impeccably and I had no issues, in fact I wouldn't want to go back to the old down tube shifters now as I found it much better being able to keep my hands on the bars.Similarly, riding on the hoods and braking from them was easy and effective. Only covered about 5 or 6 miles staying close to home but it's a start and the main thing is that I enjoyed it and the bike seems to fit me very well.

crazyjoe101

Doesn't matter how fit or fast you are, a bike you love enhances the ride and makes you want to be out more, my riding went off the chart (relative to before) when I got my first road bike, and it did again when I built up my 'dream bike'. Have fun with it.

RegG

Über Member
Enjoy it.... but don't forget to lavish plenty of TLC on it when you get back from a ride especially if it is a bit damp and dismal out there!!

OP
OP
N

Nonethewiser

Cheers folks. I certainly enjoyed my initial outing on the bike and it's now going to be a matter of building up some handling skills and traffic confidence. As it happens, we live near quite a busy road that I can't avoid using in order to access quieter country roads so I've already had a bit of an initiation! I have a lot of road use experience driving cars and riding motorcycles but much less as a cyclist.

Top Bottom