absolute nutter cyclist in notts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Abitrary said:
(please bonj, do paragraphs... I've had about 4 slices of pizza and can't read that)

bonj said:
He then sits for a bit to cycle up to the roundabout , before standing up on a honk again to absolutely hoof it round the roundabout at probably about 25-30mph, cutting up several cars darting between lanes but without really sloiwng them down, ...

...then cycles slightly more gently down gregory boulevard for a bit, and then sees a road on the right that he wants to turn into, and there is a car coming the opposite direction semi-blocking it waiting at a pelican crossing, with its offside front wing about 18 inches away from where the kerb turns -

..so what does he do? he gets in the WRONG lane and cycles STRAIGHT AT the front of the waiting car , i almost thought he was going to do a jump over his bonnet!, but was probably actually so he didn't set off and block him further, ...

...then while still caning it at about 20-25mph just flicks the bike right into the gap between the car's front wing and the kerb!

Bonj, you only have 2 sentences there - one of 105 words (a forum record?) and one of 67. Throwing in a few line spaces does not make it into paragraphs.

Dayvo said:
OH NO! bonj is white van man! :smile: ;)

You can't classify a Nissan Vanette as a van, can you? It's more of a motorised Dinky toy! :smile:

Abitrary

mr_hippo said:
Bonj, you only have 2 sentences there - one of 105 words (a forum record?) and one of 67. Throwing in a few line spaces does not make it into paragraphs.

Noo!!! Bonj, put it back how it was... I was only joking about paragraphing it because I was tired and finding reading any sentence longer than 3 words difficult.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Disgruntled Goat said:
You don't live in Mansfield do you Bonj?
No, work near mansfield but don't live there. But i do like mansfield, I consider it the centre of the world. ;) It's a classy place is mansfield.

Joe24 said:
For a second then, i though Bonj had been very close to where i live. But then i looked closer and he was somewhere else.
Search Lucas Brunelle on youtube, the videos are better. And if you watch the counchbike video, you can see he is very crazy, and that he loves cycling.
You werent up by Mapperly, Arnold or Carlton or that sort of way aswell were you Bonj?
yeah, lucas brunelle - that's him, that's just what this guy was like.
don't really know my way round nottingham that well, i had parked in town to go to evans as they're the only place that sell inline barrel adjusters and i needed one. my front mech was pissing me off something rotten and i just got a bee in my bonnet about getting it sorted so went there after work and got one. i came through arnold on the way there from work but on the way back turned off left towards M1.
i also did used to live in southwell for many years. ever been there?.

word of warning though Joe when you're riding round notts make sure you don't go anywhere near this area. Especially at night. :smile: I never go there and never have been there I hasten to add.

Abitrary said:
Noo!!! Bonj, put it back how it was... I was only joking about paragraphing it because I was tired and finding reading any sentence longer than 3 words difficult.

no I think you're right, I think it's better now, it's more readable. i dont' see why having consumed a lot of pizzas makes it any more difficult to read.

Dave5N

Über Member
bonj said:
No, work near mansfield but don't live there. But i do like mansfield, I consider it the centre of the world. xx( It's a classy place is mansfield.

don't really know my way round nottingham that well, i had parked in town to go to evans as they're the only place that sell inline barrel adjusters and i needed one. my front mech was pissing me off something rotten and i just got a bee in my bonnet about getting it sorted so went there after work and got one. i came through arnold on the way there from work but on the way back turned off left towards M1.

word of warning though Joe when you're riding round notts make sure you don't go anywhere near this area. Especially at night. :blush: I never go there and never have been there I hasten to add.

no I think you're right, I think it's better now, it's more readable. i dont' see why having consumed a lot of pizzas makes it any more difficult to read.

That's a bloody big area to avoid, Bonj

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
bonj said:
snip

word of warning though Joe when you're riding round notts make sure you don't go anywhere near this area. Especially at night. xx( I never go there and never have been there I hasten to add.

Thats a big area to avoid going to. I normally try to avoid 'Stans Ville' as its called round here.
Yeh, i have gone through Southwell on my bike a few times. Its very posh there. Did you used to say Southwell like 'South well' aswell by any chance?
The evans in town is pretty good, the older guy is the better person i think to ask for advice. There are a couple of small bike shops over that side of Nottingham that should have been able to help you aswell, saved you on paying to park in Town.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Dave5N said:
That's a bloody big area to avoid, Bonj

Joe24 said:
Thats a big area to avoid going to. I normally try to avoid 'Stans Ville' as its called round here.
the woods where the arrow's pointing, not the whole of the zoom level xx(
it's famous for , ahem, 'goings on'. :blush:
Stans, is that 'St. Anns', the gangster area... i know radcliffe's a bit of a gangster area aswell.

Joe24 said:
Yeh, i have gone through Southwell on my bike a few times. Its very posh there. Did you used to say Southwell like 'South well' aswell by any chance?
The evans in town is pretty good, the older guy is the better person i think to ask for advice. There are a couple of small bike shops over that side of Nottingham that should have been able to help you aswell, saved you on paying to park in Town.
yeah but probably not that are open till 8pm like evans is. (on thurs anyway)

southwell, it's not that posh, really on the whole...:sad: not compared to some places. there are some quite posh estates there though.
and yes I do say 'south well', not suth-all , it's a commonly held belief that people who are from there say south well and people who aren't from there say suth-all.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Evns is open at 8, now there is something i didnt know.
Stans is St Anns, the Medows is another place to avoid. Infact dont go through the Medows shouting 'Stann Ville rules' because apparently the two gangs dont like each other.
One end of the lake at Holme Peirre Pont is ment to be used for these 'goings on' aswell
I thought you would Southwell like that, its a posh area. My teacher says 'south well' and he doesnt live there, he just wants to sound posh.
I'll stay away from those woods, sounds like you have already checked them out Bonj?

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Evns is open at 8, now there is something i didnt know.
only on thurs i think, 7 normally. i'd check the website if you ever planning on going there in the evening.

Stans is St Anns, the Medows is another place to avoid. Infact dont go through the Medows shouting 'Stann Ville rules' because apparently the two gangs dont like each other.
One end of the lake at Holme Peirre Pont is ment to be used for these 'goings on' aswell
when i say thieves wood is notorious for 'goings on', i don't mean gangster-type 'goings on' :biggrin:, i mean 'other' goings on.
Joe24 said:
I thought you would Southwell like that, its a posh area. My teacher says 'south well' and he doesnt live there, he just wants to sound posh.
I'll stay away from those woods, sounds like you have already checked them out Bonj?

No I certainly have not checked them out :biggrin::biggrin: what are you implying you cheeky little...;)
the blokes at work joke about them, if anyone's ever got a day off for no apparent purpose, it's "ah! off to the fun-woods, are we?!"

Top Bottom