Abusive and Threatening motorist convicted and sentenced

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dawesome

Hurrah! The cops were disinterested at first IIRC.

fimm

Veteran
Result!
Can't get the blog to open at the moment, but am aware of the history and will have a look later from home.

dawesome

You're dead to me.

Anyone got the link to the 'troubles' the chap had on his blog?

I read some of his posts, and find some of the things he has said surprising for a barrister. In a different incident his comment about his scuffed elbow being ABH and being surprised that the police tell him that PS charging standards make this only a common assault really surprised me. It's all true, and the police get more annoyed with this than anyone else (I guarantee you that). For a barrister to not be aware of this surprised me, and the slant he put on it about it being the police's decision annoyed me. It's not our decision, and hell, you want to go get a campaign to change this practice then I don't think you'll find a bobby anywhere that won't sign it.

I looked for the history of this post but couldn't find it. For the record, if I'd have been given this I completely agree with not treating I as a Threat to Kill, and a Public Order Offence is much more appropriate. Not taking it to a prosecution when the victim is willing, that bit I disagree with, but I'm extrapolating that from people's comments afterwards...

rollinstok

If I was a dictator I would have a 6" spike sticking out from the centre of the steering wheel towards the drivers chest in every car and remove safety belts. Accidents would almost cease to occur and drivers wouldnt be so eager to catch the car in front.

Bicycle

If I was a dictator I would have a 6" spike sticking out from the centre of the steering wheel towards the drivers chest in every car and remove safety belts. Accidents would almost cease to occur and drivers wouldnt be so eager to catch the car in front.

If I were a dictator I'd ensure that grammar and syntax were taught at every school in the land. :whistle:

Top Bottom