Abusive texts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I have received my second abusive text this morning.From a number i do not know.

I like a laugh and a joke with the best of them .But i don't like being called

a *UNT.So if i get another i am going to put the number up on here.

And i would like a few of you to spend one call for me and send just a xmas greeting to the number .

Nothing violent nothing abusive.Just to give them a taste of their own medicine.

Something like A MERRY XMAS TO YOU.

It just might tie up their phone for a short while.Trying to read them all .

Would anyone help me .

I take your point mate, but it's much better to just ignore it. The silly juvenile idiot will soon get bored. Others sending him texts, of whatever kind, will only inflame the situation and will leave him/her with a sense of some sort of victory when in truth they are nothing more than a sad loser.

Bill

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Have to say I'm with BB - the kind of saddo who gets his kicks like that would love the affirmation of a load of incoming. Just ignore. No response is no fun, and losers like this tend to have a very low boredom threshold. If you get more than, say, half a dozen, contact your provider to have them stopped at source.

dodgy

Most telcos have a department that deal with abusive calls and texts. It's in their Ts & Cs to disconnect those that partake in this activity. So tell your telco.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Firstly DO NOT DELETE ANY TEXTS THAT THIS PERSON SENDS YOU. (i.e. do not destroy the evidence!).

Secondly, ignore it for the moment.

If it continues, contact both the police and your service provider. Additionally, you may like to send a very polite and non-personal text message to the person who is sending you these texts and tell them the following three things:

1) You have kept all the text messages that they have sent you.
2) You have contacted both the police and your service provider.
3) Draw their attention to this: http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/a_to_c/communications_offences/#p_13

That should scare the shoot out of them!

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Yeah on second thoughts ignoring would be the best bet.
It was sent at 10-15 last night .It was the first thing that came up when i put the phone back on this morning .
I had not had my first cup of coffee so i jumped a bit.Then chewed on it .

So i will not give the caller the satisfaction knowing they have wound me up .

Good solid advice again from you CycleChatters.

Keep it up .

Arch

Married to Night Train
darkstar said:
Just reply saying you think he has the wrong number, could just be a mistake?

I'd go with that, unless Postman has reason to believe they are specifically meant for him. I had a random text once from someone asking if I wanted to meet up while they were in London. I replied saying they had the wrong number and got an embarrassed apology.

If they are specific, (ie Postman is named), then I agree, ignore, and then report if it goes on.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Arch said:
I had a random text once from someone asking if I wanted to meet up while they were in London. I replied saying they had the wrong number and got an embarrassed apology.

I once mistakenly sent a text intended for my girlfriend at the time to one of my male friends! It had kisses and everything. :evil:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
XmisterIS said:
Firstly DO NOT DELETE ANY TEXTS THAT THIS PERSON SENDS YOU. (i.e. do not destroy the evidence!).

Secondly, ignore it for the moment.

If it continues, contact both the police and your service provider. Additionally, you may like to send a very polite and non-personal text message to the person who is sending you these texts and tell them the following three things:

1) You have kept all the text messages that they have sent you.
2) You have contacted both the police and your service provider.
3) Draw their attention to this: http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/a_to_c/communications_offences/#p_13

That should scare the shoot out of them!

+! Postie, this is the ONLY way to properly deal with this. But dont just ignore it forever (or they will be intimidating you). However, do sit back, collect the evidence then let the authorities deal with it.

DO not respond and do not get into a pissing contest with them....... you will win this one soundly if you play it right.

Good luck , this type of crap is hideous and can ruin your week, so be sure you deal with it properly.

How long have you had the number?

I know with Orange it's very easy to change numbers, it can be done in 10 mins over the phone, same sim card.
I got similar texts from someone over 6 months and no one wanted to take action, plus they would still have my number if they got that particular number cut off for T&C abuse.

I changed numbers but signed the abuser up to all sorts of ring back quotes via the internet and similar. :evil:
Childish but I felt justified after all that.

Norm

XmisterIS said:
I once mistakenly sent a text intended for my girlfriend at the time to one of my male friends! It had kisses and everything. :evil:
I sent one to the wife, who was away for the night on a training course. Only I got one digit wrong. The reply was excellent, saying that they thought I had the wrong number but I sounded really nice and, as I was free anyway, would I like to go over for the evening. I'll let you guess how that one ended! ;)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Norm said:
I sent one to the wife, who was away for the night on a training course. Only I got one digit wrong. The reply was excellent, saying that they thought I had the wrong number but I sounded really nice and, as I was free anyway, would I like to go over for the evening. I'll let you guess how that one ended! :wacko:

You spent a rowdy night in a gay sex romp?

Top Bottom