Abusive texts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dustystreet

i for one wouldn't want to send this person a merry xmas text on your behalf cos then he's got my number and he might transfer his attention to me instead!

Norm

rich p said:
You spent a rowdy night in a gay sex romp?
Close, but once we realised we were both possessing of testicles, we called it off. :wacko:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
XmisterIS said:
Firstly DO NOT DELETE ANY TEXTS THAT THIS PERSON SENDS YOU. (i.e. do not destroy the evidence!).

Secondly, ignore it for the moment.

If it continues, contact both the police and your service provider. Additionally, you may like to send a very polite and non-personal text message to the person who is sending you these texts and tell them the following three things:

1) You have kept all the text messages that they have sent you.
2) You have contacted both the police and your service provider.
3) Draw their attention to this: http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/a_to_c/communications_offences/#p_13

That should scare the shoot out of them!

+1 for everything here.

classic33

Leg End Member
Why not inform that your message includes a tracking code. This enables the time(s), location(s) of the message origion. Phone & SIM number combination used. And that this is being sent to their service provider.

Has worked for me in the past

You also have protection under the Harrasment Act as well.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Mostly sensible advice, I recieved a few very specific texts a while ago, very abusive and threatening, trouble was due to pesky pay and go phones they are untraceable!

karen.488walker

I got some lovely messages from a wrong number once. I liked the affection and being called darling that I let the poor bloke carry on for a bit. It can work both ways!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Wigsie said:
Mostly sensible advice, I recieved a few very specific texts a while ago, very abusive and threatening, trouble was due to pesky pay and go phones they are untraceable!

If the texts get really threatening, the police can trace the phone by *pinging* it, but that just triangulates the phone to an area, useful for finding bodies and suicidal people.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
ComedyPilot said:
If the texts get really threatening, the police can trace the phone by *pinging* it, but that just triangulates the phone to an area, useful for finding bodies and suicidal people.

In reality they would not do this for an abusive text. The ones we recieved were awful, They obviously knew us as they knew alot and said alot, police just said keep an eye on unknown cars outside!

Even said it could be someone on here as some people know my name.

So which of you feckers was is? ;):evil:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Wigsie said:
In reality they would not do this for an abusive text. The ones we recieved were awful, They obviously knew us as they knew alot and said alot, police just said keep an eye on unknown cars outside!

Even said it could be someone on here as some people know my name.

So which of you feckers was is? ;):evil:

Look at your sig line:evil:

mr Mag00 said:
contact your provider and let them deal, i know it would be nice to respond, but as above they will soon get bored

Play it up a bit about how you find it scary, offensive and you are frightened that is is a serious campaign against you.

The provider has a duty to deal with it and in some cases has terminated the contract with the offender....... so you could deprive them of their phone!

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Cunobelin said:
Why pay for a text when we can abuse you for free on here?

Thats what I thought, but the feds said it could still have been one of you! ha ha

Had the Beretta at the ready for a while, but she is back in the cabinet now! ;)

Top Bottom