Ac ligament damage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chaingangclub

Hi everyone, about 3 months ago I tore my ac ligament after someone pulled out on me at a junction in their car and I spanked the side of it. As it's a fairly common cycling injury I'm just wondering if anyone here has done the same and if so did you opt for the operation? I'm 27 and have been fighting fit for years completing 22 weeks in marine training I've been lucky enough never to damage my shoulders and I now think it's also a bar from me regarding entering any force. I'm waiting for a CT scan but i must admit it hasn't stopped me from getting on my bike, even if I am gritting my teeth when I hit a pot hole. Any sports supports that you think are good do let me know thanks in advance

vickster

Legendary Member
Assuming you are claiming for the injury, get the solicitor to arrange physio for you. Then get proper professional advice from them and an orthopaedic surgeon

At 27 and active it's likely you should get the surgery to avoid more serious damage to the joint as time goes on. You need the shoulder for another 50+ years

Good luck :smile:

HeroesFitness

Hi everyone, about 3 months ago I tore my ac ligament after someone pulled out on me at a junction in their car and I spanked the side of it. As it's a fairly common cycling injury I'm just wondering if anyone here has done the same and if so did you opt for the operation? I'm 27 and have been fighting fit for years completing 22 weeks in marine training I've been lucky enough never to damage my shoulders and I now think it's also a bar from me regarding entering any force. I'm waiting for a CT scan but i must admit it hasn't stopped me from getting on my bike, even if I am gritting my teeth when I hit a pot hole. Any sports supports that you think are good do let me know thanks in advance
I would get some professional advice by a top sports physio before making any decisions, I wouldn't ask any more advice on here, I hope you get it dealt with.

ANT 666

Trying to re member
Had mine rebuilt in January, 6 weeks no moving at all, 2 months in a sling, 3 months before i had 2 weeks intensive theapy at a treatment centre, Its a good fix but a lot of recovery time. but worth it in the end. As i'm retired fireman I can afford the time and had free access to a fantastic treatment centre.
Hope you get it sorted. At 27 with a long life ahead I'd go for it.

Top Bottom