Accents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Arthur said:
Geordie / Mackem for me.

Ah, Lauren Laverne, I could listen to her all day.

Please dont confuse us geordies with mackems, they havent got a clue how to talk proper like:biggrin:

Arthur

Comfortably numb and increasingly fixed.
addictfreak said:
Please dont confuse us geordies with mackems, they havent got a clue how to talk proper like:biggrin:

I am aware of the great Tyne linguistic divide and didn't mean to offend sensibilites on either side of the bridge.

Believe me, when you live 2 miles from Chatham, anybody with a north-east accent sounds exotic :tongue:

I like a North East accent, not splitting hairs as I'm not sure of the difference. Also I like a soft Highlands accent. Not too far from me the accent around Preston, Blackburn & the top end of Bolton with its rolling 'r' sounds nice, as I think as someone here has already posted.

I had an uncle who sounded and looked very much like Fred Dibnah. Funnily enough he was an engineering type & had a house full of bits and pieces.

wafflycat

Those of us from Geordieland, especially from the north of the Tyne, could often tell which town/pit village someone was from due to the subtle changes in accent/words/emphasis in speech. 'Pitmatik' was a dialect all of its own too.

Top Bottom