Accept or return?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

straas

Matt
Ordered a new pair of wheels and one has these marks.

Would you accept or return?

Attachments

• PXL_20220616_165604641~2.jpg
    PXL_20220616_165604641~2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 6

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Return.. Definitely.

Slick

Guru
I ordered a hand built set of wheels that took months to come. The guy is a cracking wheelbuilder but despite his creative reasoning, truth is he just forgot. When they arrived, they were the wrong width axles, were fitted for through axles instead of QR and if memory serves, the rotors wouldn't go on either. He did eventually make it right, but the time taken was horrendous. That said, they performed exactly as I expected when I finally got them, and when it came time to replace another set, I forgot all the bad stuff and ordered another replacement set from the same guy. I checked, double checked then triple checked everything was understood when I ordered them, but they still took months and months to arrive and when they finally did, the front through axle diameter was 2 sizes too small. Couldn't believe it and eventually just got the ends swapped myself as I just couldn't be bothered waiting.

I think if I was you, I would see what I could get out them to accept them for what they are. :okay:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good evening,

If those were the only marks then I would ask for £10, £20, £what ever (Whenever, Wherever, I am a Shakira fan) store credit if you plan to buy from them again.

Clearly those marks shouldn't be there, but I am likely to add similar marks very quickly and would rather have a free tyre/Di2 upgrade than the hassle of returning and waiting.

Bye

Ian

To me those look far from cosmetic marks and more like deep gouges. It took me me more than two years to inflict cosmetic damage to my expensive carbon wheels and I would want a great deal more than £10/20 to accept anything less than perfect. £100 and I would think about it.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Judging by the zoom on that pic I’d say buy some hand cream. You skin is dry!

I’m assuming by the finish that these are rim brake wheels. TBH I treat my bikes like crap so I don’t get too hung up on genuinely cosmetic damage, but for me the issue would be how they affect braking performance and pad wear.

It‘d all depend where you bought the wheels and how long any replacement might take. These days I’m not sure many suppliers would have the systems in place for a negotiated discount so on balance I’d go for the return If it bugs you.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Perhaps the more serious point is the maker's quality control has missed this and allowed the product to be delivered. This raises the question of what else might have been missed?

Either that or the company simply hoped to get away with shipping damaged goods.

Both say a lot about the manufacturer.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Send pictures to supplier and ask for comments and solutions before a certain amount of time.

Shame when things turn up and customers have reason to worry.

Top Bottom