Accident -Southwark Bridge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
that sounds highly unlikely

what you mean is that your AV/firewall said that's what happened

the cheaper/twitchier your AV/firewall, the more false positives you can expect

Swift Dan said:
That link tried to install a trojan on my PC. Has anyoune else had a problem with it

SD

Sophos says no. Corporate firewall says no.

No driveby download to see here...

Swift Dan

Tynan said:
that sounds highly unlikely

what you mean is that your AV/firewall said that's what happened

the cheaper/twitchier your AV/firewall, the more false positives you can expect

Company laptop so McAfee Virusscan Enterprise with yesterdays DAT. Definately not bogus alerts because first time it rebooted itself and second time (glutton for punishment me) I ended up with one of those annoying red circles with a white cross in the taskbar that keeps pooping up a message telling me I'm infected and I should click here to download and install some anti-spyware software.

CC and that link were the only two web screens open at the time.

System restore to yesterday seems to have got rid of it.

SD

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
There is a bit more information now over on Bike Radar:
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12642177&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

Thank you for taking the time to post an update with your daughters condition. I was the guy who got the truck to stop yesterday. I was stood on the island on Southwark bridge facing the VW garage and waiting to cross. The truck driver didn't seem to have a clue she was there and she just got pulled under the wheels. I'd cycled over that exact spot about 15 minutes earlier on my way to work and it was very chaotic as the road ahead was closed (due to the earlier accident at Embankment) so all the traffic in both lanes were having to turn left over Southwark bridge at the last minute. My thoughts have been with your daughter since yesterday morning and I'm so relieved to hear she will recover.

Swift Dan

addictfreak said:
No problems here Dan, apologys if its cause you problems.

No need for an apology, no-one would think twice about posting a link to a reputable site like that which is why it struck me as odd and wondered if anyone else had seen the same thing.

Back on topic; it's good to read on BR that this isn't another fatality - too many about recently. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for the cyclist involved.

SD

I see they have remodelled Blackfriars Bridge on the north side towards St Pauls/Blackfriars and I DONT LIKE IT AT ALL.

Top Bottom