Accidents happen at home.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
The bottom runners of our shower door were a bit stiff and noisy so I decided to lubricate them with wd40. All went well until I had one foot on the shower base and the other on the floor and then............. I slipped and did a split. I could never do that when I was young and certainly not at age 67!! Of course I ended up my back with a big bang. My wife came running to see what happened and I just couldn't get up again. I couldn't straighten my right leg as the back of my thigh was so painful. Nothing broken though so I guess I just strained it. That was 2 hours ago and I am pleased to say things are better now , although not perfect yet. It just shows how easy it is to have an accident just doing a simple thing in the house.
I haven't tried the shower door yet to see if it slide better.

classic33

Leg End Member
Were you singing beforehand?
Never Sing.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
That's the damage you can see. Whatabout what you can't?

Thank you for the advice but I don't thing it will be necessary. Doctors have better things to do. I am getting better as time goes by.
And this is one of the reasons why women live longer than men. Yes, you will almost certainly get better as time goes by, but for 10,000 incidents like this, a small number "n" need medical intervention. I personally would rather risk being a part of 10,000-n who wasted the doctor's time, than being part of the n who didn't bother the doc, and suffered <fearful bad outcome from involuntary splits> because they didn't.

Tin Pot

Guru
The bottom runners of our shower door were a bit stiff and noisy so I decided to lubricate them with wd40. All went well until I had one foot on the shower base and the other on the floor and then............. I slipped and did a split. I could never do that when I was young and certainly not at age 67!! Of course I ended up my back with a big bang. My wife came running to see what happened and I just couldn't get up again. I couldn't straighten my right leg as the back of my thigh was so painful. Nothing broken though so I guess I just strained it. That was 2 hours ago and I am pleased to say things are better now , although not perfect yet. It just shows how easy it is to have an accident just doing a simple thing in the house.
I haven't tried the shower door yet to see if it slide better.

National Government Archives said:
Falls
Falls represent the most frequent and serious type of accident in the over 65’s age group. They are a major cause of morbidity and death in older adults.
Community studies have estimated that about a third of people aged 65 and over will fall at least once a year. This rises to approximately half of those aged 85 an over.

At last you have a use for that “cycling” helmet.

Top Bottom