Accidents happen at home.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Glad your ok,

What @Pat "5mph" said
I stayed at the Queens Hotel in Cheltenham a few years ago.
Big sign " please use bath mat"
I didn't, i stepped into the bath at the head end and my foot accelerated toward the taps at an astonishing rate.
My other leg was still out of the bath....
I did a Rudolf Nureyev full splits ,dipped my nuts in the bath water..:laugh:
Tweaked my back, the wife nearly passed out laughing..

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I lasted about 30 seconds my first time using the big walk-in shower at this house before slipping over and nearly pulling the shower unit off the wall. I went to a local store the next day and bought 2 shower mats. No problems since!

PS I'm glad that you don't appear to have done yourself any serious damage @gavroche.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I had a little splinter in my big toe today but I'm okay.
Phew! Panic over.

Reminds me of a mate's story. He runs a carpentry company and managed to get a piece of wood the size of a pencil through his thigh. Gets the lads to take hime to causality and duly tells the nurse in charge he has a splinter in his leg. She tut tuts a bit "A big lad like you coming innhere for a splinter", then on seeing it " Ah OK, now that IS a splinter!"

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My friend's wife was deaf in one ear. She was in the bathroom and slipped, hitting her good ear on the sink and now she's totally deaf :sad:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Reminds me of a mate's story. He runs a carpentry company and managed to get a piece of wood the size of a pencil through his thigh. Gets the lads to take hime to causality and duly tells the nurse in charge he has a splinter in his leg. She tut tuts a bit "A big lad like you coming innhere for a splinter", then on seeing it " Ah OK, now that IS a splinter!"
When I was a teenager, I tripped in the crush to get out of one class. My hand dragged down the side of the rather tatty door frame leading to me getting a splinter so far under the fingernail of my right middle finger that it pretty much emerged from the other end of the nail!

No A&E ('The Casualty Department' way back in those days? :whistle:) for me. I used a Stanley knife to cut the nail off so I could get at it. After that somewhat painful episode I understood why torturers used to stick things up under their victims' nails! :eek:

Top Bottom