Accidents happen at home.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Third thing - he gets them out of a glass to brush them. Just use Steradent
Fourth thing - he has upset a few over the years :B)
Both covered by the second, but worth noting anyway.

Reminds me of a mate's story. He runs a carpentry company and managed to get a piece of wood the size of a pencil through his thigh. Gets the lads to take hime to causality and duly tells the nurse in charge he has a splinter in his leg. She tut tuts a bit "A big lad like you coming innhere for a splinter", then on seeing it " Ah OK, now that IS a splinter!"

I remember a few years ago, was watching some track cycling. There was something of a pile-up and one chap ended up with a splinter doing exactly that...

Dave7

Legendary Member
I was telling our D.I L that I used to be in the SAS. I told her that part of our training was to saw our right leg off then stitch it back on before losing too much blood. I had no idea she actually believed me until I saw her very white face.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Not an accident at home but I once had render first aid to a teenager who had tried to jump a picket fence - and failed.

The fire brigade had to cut the stake and leave it in situ as he’d hit his femoral artery. He also lost a testicle.
Thats a big price to pay, depending on the individual

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well, my bathroom accident was over a week ago now and, although my right thigh is improving daily, it is still not good enough to ride my bike. So, any sort of fitness I managed to accumulate since the end of winter is slowly receding. Bugger!

Slick

Guru
That 8s a bugger, hopefully it won't be too long before you get it back though.

Top Bottom