Accy at it again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It's probably a stolen one

Is this you making stuff up just like that cop said he would?

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Surely theses things aren't roadworthy?
Lots of quad bikes are registered and insured. Some aren't. Much like mx bikes and cars I suppose. If this is something that continues to annoy you then you could report it to the non emergency number. But if they are legal, there's not a lot you can do, especially during this time. I get 3 scooters/mx bikes going past my house too, it's annoying but it's not constant

Smudge

Veteran
The man, who is from Accrington and had been out in his car on Friday afternoon buying a quad bike for his step-son before being pulled over by police, can then be heard saying, “But I’ve done nothing wrong”, to which the officer, whose collar number is 3539, says: “I will make something up.
https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....something-up-arrest-man-accrington-suspended/
I hope now that the police investigate the backgrounds of the buyer and seller of this quad bike. It's probably a stolen one as most are in these cases. I bet there's some handling and receiving going on! They were at it around here again last night. The noise is horrendous! They sound like a tractor without an exhaust. Surely theses things aren't roadworthy?

You seem to be making a lot of assumptions about the guy that was stopped, when there is no evidence that he has done anything illegal. While seemingly being on the side of a police officer that has admitted on camera he's capable of corruption.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Is this you making stuff up just like that cop said he would?
I did say probably and not definitely. We had a similar case about 6 years ago,when i lived back at my old house. A dodgy looking type moved in,then soon after we heard the revving of bikes in the night. Motorbikes were being dropped off in the evening,then he fixed them throughout the night. I contacted the police and the council. He was later charged with handling and receiving and rollocked by the council for running a 'business' from his home.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
So sorry everyone. This thread was supposed to be a light hearted chuckle - we'd all roll our eyes and shake our heads at Accy's latest imaginary brush with the law. It was not supposed to become a heated argument.

It's a good thing I never mentioned David Beckham...that really would have set the cat among the pigeons!

D

Deleted member 26715

It's a good thing I never mentioned David Beckham...that really would have set the cat among the pigeons!
who is he?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
So sorry everyone. This thread was supposed to be a light hearted chuckle - we'd all roll our eyes and shake our heads at Accy's latest imaginary brush with the law. It was not supposed to become a heated argument.

Hopefully it can be again now I've waded through and done a clean up.:okay:

Thread open again.

Top Bottom