ACF... it gets weirder?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

alecstilleyedye said:
i deleted my account before he could ban me :laugh:

I got banned and then re-joined under a new user name. And baited him about it...maybe to the extent he banned EVERYONE just to get me :biggrin::laugh:

NickM

Veteran
palinurus said:
And it was all because of smileys.

You reckon? I think it was more to do with the owner being a painfully insecure, preeningly vain, up himself twat.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I thought the reason posters hived off to the ACF from the C+ forum in the first place was because they found the moderation too extreme. Oh, the irony! I never joined it out of loyalty to my magazine. Does anyone remember when FatBloke got fined 5000 posts? Wonder what he's up to now.

Yellow Fang said:
I thought the reason posters hived off to the ACF from the C+ forum in the first place was because they found the moderation too extreme. Oh, the irony! I never joined it out of loyalty to my magazine. Does anyone remember when FatBloke got fined 5000 posts? Wonder what he's up to now.
IIRC (and I do) it was because one Mod on C+ went on a power trip, nobbling Fatters in the process. Someone took advantage of this unrest to offer people a shiny new land where all was lovely and no-one was ever sad.

...then, once they'd got enough people in there to make it financially viable they locked the door, sprouted horns, fangs and turned into a loony. ;)

Fatters is on YACF. He popped in here once or twice a long time ago but didn't hang around. ;)

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
when some other forum sprouts a ride that gets 67 people out in the middle of the night there'll be a rejoicing in heaven. Until then.....

OP
OP
Y

yello

dellzeqq said:
when some other forum sprouts a ride that gets 67 people out in the middle of the night there'll be a rejoicing in heaven. Until then.....

Not sure I follow you but I would have thought YACF might be pretty darn close to having done that!

dellzeqq said:
Finally jumped ship then Simon?

Now, was that a function of the way that the forum was created and run or was it because of the existing bonds that were created back on C+? Discuss...

This place has sprouted plenty of meet-ups and rides, so did C+. Don't even try to pretend that ACF was in any way unique.

OP
OP
Y

yello

Oh, okay. Didn't mean to rekindle the forum wars.

peanut

looks like ACF can only just have started back up again. Its empty :laugh:

some jumped up tw*t called simonc on there already pontificating. it was him and other tw*t called simon si? who banned me from CTC because I dared to post a thread questioning their arbitrary heavyhanded and inappropriate moderation.

Good riddence to both of them:angry:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
if forums (sp?) are owned by individuals then they can do what they want with them. The people who run the CTC forum (I'm a mod) have to bear in mind the sensibilities of the members. People do get banned from the CTC forum for writing things that wouldn't turn a hair in P+L, for example.

And Chuffy. Really? The FNRttC was started on ACF. I should know. And, to be honest I don't think it could have happened anywhere else - it was unique, in that people were encouraged to write lyrically about the rides in a way that doesn't happen too often. The Guardian article and the mailing list now provide most of the growth, and the stand-alone site will, I hope, serve as well. Shall I mail you our 2009 programme?

robgul

Legendary Member
I believe that Sam has finally closed the door at acf - he posted some drivel about doing so the other day - it no longer seems to function.

Rob

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
from what i can tell, yacf is much like acf was (same crowd, same mods) but with a different, somewhat saner individual running the show. slightly different zeitgeist to this place, which is just as well as there is a good choice of cycling forums around. i still can't believe the fuss that some people made when i suggested that the best way to preserve acf was to all move over to yacf…:blush:

Noodley

dellzeqq said:

Hardly huge numbers given the location.

The equivalent in comparative numbers where I live would be me phoning my mate and him saying yes...:blush:

In fact it would be the equivalent of him saying no, and me going out on my own. :biggrin:

Top Bottom