Achievable time?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I am doing a 100km charity ride. The distance is no issue so I want to set myself a time challenge. I can do 50miles in 3hours 10mins in good weather so is 4h 30m a respectable expectation? The route is the Builth Wells to Caerphilly Castle section of the Tour of Britain btw

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I'd say 4h30 is plenty, if you can do 50 in 3h10, then 4h30 should be enough for the 100km. The last 100km ride I did took me 4h38 but it was very very wet and miserable.

Given you can achieve a 50 in 3 hour 10, 4 & 1/2 hours is more than ample; your averaging 15.8mph going by that another 12 miles will only take you just over 45mins; if you've got some stops (refreshment, nature, mechanical :ohmy: ) or the weather aint great, 4 & 1/2 hours is sensible but expect to do it faster :smile:

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Given you can achieve a 50 in 3 hour 10, 4 & 1/2 hours is more than ample; your averaging 15.8mph going by that another 12 miles will only take you just over 45mins; if you've got some stops (refreshment, nature, mechanical :ohmy: ) or the weather aint great, 4 & 1/2 hours is sensible but expect to do it faster :smile:
I was factoring in the stops you mention. Glad you think it is doable. I'm guessing that time would put me at the back of the pack?

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I'll be happy if I can ride it in that time :laugh:

biggrin.gif

I was factoring in the stops you mention. Glad you think it is doable. I'm guessing that time would put me at the back of the pack?

Depends who the pack is, it'll put you behind fast club riders (and they'd be far behind pros) but it'll put you far ahead of the average charity rider. You may also benefit from riding in a pack and go even faster :smile:

C

chillyuk

I have to say I am really looking forward to it. Did my first 20mph tight bend yesterday. Was proud of myself even though I did touch the breaks a little :biggrin:

Risky. Hurts if you trap your finger between the block and the rim.

Top Bottom