Action 100 Bath/Bristol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I'm doing the Bath London run this weekend - 100 miles. Any one done this before - looks flat ish with a few bumps in the first 1/3rd.

Any tips or pointers

Cant do it this weekend but do you have a link to any info?I would be interested to see what route it takes as I have a half baked idea to cycle Cardiff to london sometime. Weather forecast for weekend is looking better .Good Luck.

skids

I’ve done this a few times (from Bristol). You're right about the bumps, out of Bath to Corsham, up out of Chippenham and a sharpish one around Savernake and that’s about it really. It’s a nice route overall but can get a tad boring in parts. If you’re getting a coach back try to avoid having too much liquid refreshment at Chobham Rugby Club as I’ve never known the coaches stop for a loo break on the way back. Good luck with the ride.

OP
OP
L

Lizban

I’ve done this a few times (from Bristol). You're right about the bumps, out of Bath to Corsham, up out of Chippenham and a sharpish one around Savernake and that’s about it really. It’s a nice route overall but can get a tad boring in parts. If you’re getting a coach back try to avoid having too much liquid refreshment at Chobham Rugby Club as I’ve never known the coaches stop for a loo break on the way back. Good luck with the ride.

Thanks - I'm 'the other way round' - few days in Bath before and cycle back. Doing it with a mate and our 2 mrs are 'support crew'

reality will be -

Me
up at 5:30 get ready
6:00 go to start
6:30 Ride
Midday Arrive Knackered

her

5:30 moan about me turningthe light on
6:00 vaguly say somthing like good luck
8:30 get up have brekkie
8:32-Midday Shop (with my money!)

Helmets - We take the safety of our riders very seriously and following a review of our policy, we have decided that with immediate effect wearing helmets on Action Medical Research’s bike rides will be compulsory. Please make sure that you bring a helmet to the ride.

Compulsory helmets - therefore not one I would consider.

OP
OP
L

Lizban

Compulsory helmets - therefore not one I would consider.

I Respect (but don't agree with) your postion.

How many rides make this their policy do you find?

OP
OP
L

Lizban

Did the ride on Sunday - 104 miles in 5:02 - thanks mainly to a very strong tailwind.

Really well organised overall - the signage could be improved a little. Overall very good.

U

User482

Crikey, that's a good time. I've done the ride a few times, my best was 5:57 over 110 miles.

Top Bottom