Actually worth upgrading brakes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bicycle

If it stops, I wouldn't upgrade.

What is key is that your brakes are in perfect working order whenever you ride and that your rims are clean.

Even quite crappy, cheapo brakes will usually do the job if they are in fine condition.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If it stops, I wouldn't upgrade.

What is key is that your brakes are in perfect working order whenever you ride and that your rims are clean.

Even quite crappy, cheapo brakes will usually do the job if they are in fine condition.

This is true, any brakes are fine.

However, if you do want a more responsive brake with more control, especially if you are a high mileage muncher or a commuter in heavy traffic. Then a brake upgrade from Tektro to 105 makes very good sense. There is a markedly difference.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Upgrading to ultegra will be a serious improvement, I've changed to koolstops on a cheaper brand caliper and it didn't make much of an improvement. Especially in wet conditions. I've just bought some ultegra 6600 brakes, For my commuter 54.99 the set, delivered, bargain! J E James cycles.

Riding in the wet for the last week reminded me how crap my current set are in the wet. I've got ultegra 6600 on my other road bike and there fantastic. They retail at 95+ the pair usually.

Norm

Upgraded to an Anchor , superb for stopping quick , not very responsive though

euro_symbol_clip_art_17534.jpg
antique-wooden-anchor-799059.jpg

:biggrin:

(Say what you see, for those who have had a long day :whistle: )

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Tip top

old bell

This reminds me that I knew someone who wore a tie with an anchor on it and a W in front.

What a ?anker.