Adam Hart-Davis bike thefts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cut and pasted form Velovision - the more of us know about it the better, especially with the bikes being fairly distinctive...

"Posted on behalf of A H-D:

While I was away on holiday this month, burglars smashed their way into my garage (crowbars etc.) and stole the following cycles (which were locked to Sheffield stands inside):

Trice Explorer red/orange/blue, frame no 3048, with black rear rack, suspension, 81 gears, side bar-bag fixing etc.

Trice Pixie white, frame no 2121

Birdy red, frame no P9032778, aluminium rack

British Eagle Trail MTB pink/yellow, 17 yrs old, serial no 00308/9; police security register no 52 998 00085

Al Carter Hondo Creek 500LX MTB blue/grey, 14 yrs old, serial no 4920513654; police security register no 52 998 00086

If any of these cycles crosses your path, please phone Redland Police Station (Bristol) 0117 945 4423, quoting crime ref. B/2699/20092007/01 (PC2699 Matt Lonsdale).

Many thanks,

Adam Hart-Davis 27 September "

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
maybe some twunt with a thing against the tax-man maybe :biggrin:

a h-d is a national treasure, what a shame.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
He lives 3 doors down from one of my friends, although I've only seen him cycling a couple of times around Bristol, he is distinctive when you see him.

I broke his Windcheetah a few years ago during a test ride. I had serviced it and was chucking it into a corner when the flange fell off the nasty Sturmey hub and folded the wheel. He didnt mind a bit, Seat of the Pants sent out a new wheel gratis and everyone lived happily ever after. The origional 'Speedys' had french Atom moped hubs which were indestructible.

I had already posted this on SCF, and in another couple of threads.

Very distinctive bikes, will be hard to pass on.

Top Bottom