Adam Hart-Davis bike thefts.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Arch, 1 Oct 2007.

1. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Cut and pasted form Velovision - the more of us know about it the better, especially with the bikes being fairly distinctive...

"Posted on behalf of A H-D:

While I was away on holiday this month, burglars smashed their way into my garage (crowbars etc.) and stole the following cycles (which were locked to Sheffield stands inside):

Trice Explorer red/orange/blue, frame no 3048, with black rear rack, suspension, 81 gears, side bar-bag fixing etc.

Trice Pixie white, frame no 2121

Birdy red, frame no P9032778, aluminium rack

British Eagle Trail MTB pink/yellow, 17 yrs old, serial no 00308/9; police security register no 52 998 00085

Al Carter Hondo Creek 500LX MTB blue/grey, 14 yrs old, serial no 4920513654; police security register no 52 998 00086

If any of these cycles crosses your path, please phone Redland Police Station (Bristol) 0117 945 4423, quoting crime ref. B/2699/20092007/01 (PC2699 Matt Lonsdale).

Many thanks,

Adam Hart-Davis 27 September "

2. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Moderator

maybe some twunt with a thing against the tax-man maybe :biggrin:

a h-d is a national treasure, what a shame.

3. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Moderator

He lives 3 doors down from one of my friends, although I've only seen him cycling a couple of times around Bristol, he is distinctive when you see him.

4. I broke his Windcheetah a few years ago during a test ride. I had serviced it and was chucking it into a corner when the flange fell off the nasty Sturmey hub and folded the wheel. He didnt mind a bit, Seat of the Pants sent out a new wheel gratis and everyone lived happily ever after. The origional 'Speedys' had french Atom moped hubs which were indestructible.

5. ufkacbln

ufkacbln Guest

I had already posted this on SCF, and in another couple of threads.

Very distinctive bikes, will be hard to pass on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice