Blue badge thefts.....up by 400%

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toffee

Guru
I'd like to know the actual numbers behind the 400%.

I can't believe that people would buy a blue badge with a strangers photo on one side. Unless they can change the photo somehow. Then if it is so easy to tamper with a blue badge, it must be possible to forge a complete replica and at £200 a time, must be cost effective and would avoid the risk of being caught breaking into a car.

Why would you put your photo on it? The photo is face down on the dash isn't it?

vickster

Legendary Member
Although the ones round here (NGH and MKGH) permit blue badge holders to park in any space FoC.

Yes same in Epsom, but when the carpark is packed on a Tuesday afternoon, that doesn’t help even if it’s free to park

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have two blue badges. One is the one I lost, then found after I'd ordered a replacement. I phoned the council to report the lost badge and order a new one. The person taking my call was very official sounding, saying the lost one will now be unregistered and illegal to use, but seeing as
Apparently traffic wardens can do a quick check to see if the badge being displayed has been stolen/cancelled but they refuse as its not part of their job.
says traffic wardens don't check the validity of these badges, no one would know my spare badge isn't valid now and isn't there's, so if anyone wants a dodgy blue badge with 5 months in date left on it just PM me and it's yours for a ton! :secret:

classic33

Leg End Member
I have two blue badges. One is the one I lost, then found after I'd ordered a replacement. I phoned the council to report the lost badge and order a new one. The person taking my call was very official sounding, saying the lost one will now be unregistered and illegal to use, but seeing as

says traffic wardens don't check the validity of these badges, no one would know my spare badge isn't valid now and isn't there's, so if anyone wants a dodgy blue badge with 5 months in date left on it just PM me and it's yours for a ton! :secret:
You willing to risk your current blue badge entitlement and future entitlement?

Drago

Legendary Member
Oh my days. It'll be zimmers at dawn at this rate!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
The 400% increase line sounds like a clickbait or trash journalism line.

Up from 10 to 40 or 10000 to 40000?

Expressing things as a % increase, when the % is >100 always does my nut in.

A 10% increase would go from 10 to 11 (ie an additional 10%). So a 400% increase would go from 10 to 50, or 10000 to 50000. That is, it's a 5-fold increase (ie an additional 400%)

I think I'm right, there but I could have got muddled. If anyone ever says things like "a 200% increase" I generally assume that they are stupid and/or making things up for effect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom