Added A Bit Of Bling To My Secteur...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Got some Mavic Aksiums and Vredestein Fortezza Tricomps for my Secteur Sport as I thought it looked a bit bland and the Alexrims wheels were shoot, well the rear one was always going out of true.

Before:

P3194405.jpg

After:

P7214689.jpg
P7214687.jpg

P7214686.jpg

The bike looks much better in the flesh. The tyres were an utter bitch to fit, I got pinch flats in 3 tubes. I also have some new Tiagra shifters to fit when I have time. I thought that swapping the wheels would be the easy job but it took ages thanks to the tyres. Dunno if they will make a difference to the way the bike rides, but it looks way better. Well in my eyes anyway.

2old2care

Über Member
Happy new wheels, those tyres really set it off, some red bar tape and a red saddle next! :biggrin:

e-rider

crappy member
Well, if you leave the wheel reflectors and pie plate on what do you expect?

A great improvement now but you could certainly improve your photography skills!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
V. Nice. You wouldn't catch me putting coloured tyres on a bike :whistle: :biggrin:

PS Photo fail - chain on granny ring and biggest sprocket. Big ring, smallest sprocket ! :tongue:

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
PS Photo fail - chain on granny ring and biggest sprocket. Big ring, smallest sprocket ! :tongue:

Ha
laugh.gif

Coloured tyres are cool.

OP
OP
Cletus Van Damme

Cletus Van Damme

Thanks for all the comments. I agree I am no photographer by a long shot. I have no intentions of ruining it with mudguards, I have another bike for that lol. Regarding the bike being on the granny ring and big sprocket that is pretty normal for me :whistle:

OP
OP
Cletus Van Damme

Cletus Van Damme

Looks good, been thinking of getting some nicer rims for my Secteur and those pics just add weight to the argument!

Just go for it Paul it really does make the Secteur much prettier. I took it out today and it seems to be slightly faster. I have a feeling that this might be more to do with dropping the tyres from 25mm to a lighter 23mm ones than the wheels though.

Top Bottom