Added a couple extra miles to my commute this morning in the rain because

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Because you wanted to catch up with Auntie Helen ?

Behind you both .. a loooooong way behind. And I can't see that improving for a few weeks: between weather so far this month and not being in the office much over the next fortnight I'm a bit stuffed. :ohmy:

Still, at least the snow and ice have dropped everyone's average speed down closer to mine. ;) Well, some anyway. ;)

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Because you wanted to catch up with Auntie Helen ?
You're so right FatFella! We know why he's adding miles.

(My Uni commute of 10 miles magically stretched to 16.9 today. Odd, that!)

It's raining outside and I've already had a drenching once today. I think I shall be completely rubbish and take the car to the chippie for our dinner. That's a good 3.5 miles on Cyclogs wasted. But it's raining!

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Auntie Helen said:
You're so right FatFella! We know why he's adding miles.

I don't know what you mean.... :rolleyes:

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
ps right behind you :biggrin::rolleyes:
ahem... few more miles added :rolleyes:

And it's going to be nice and dry for tomorrows commute..
Oh look a nice 50 miler coming up for me on saturday.. am I being snobby? :rolleyes:

No you are being young and im feeling clapped out.:biggrin:

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Auntie Helen said:
That's not fair - we've got rain forecast here tomorrow again. And you've nearly caught me up already :cry:

I had rain on both journey's on my commute today.... so get out there mate :becool:

I'm not trying to catch you up dearest ;)... let's look at it as good encouragement for both of us to put more miles in.. :biggrin:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Ah, but the rain here is more of an issue as I'm meant to be cycling to the hairdresser's for a cut & blow dry (should be a blue rinse, the way I'm feeling today!), so it'll mess up my hair and I certainly can't do the long detour back else I'll arrive at home looking like a drowned rat. Uncle James will say, "you spent HOW much on a haircut when it's just a sodden mass down your back..?"

Anyway, I've now finagled myself on djtheglove's midweek ride next Tuesday so that should help rack up the miles... on my car - a 160 mile round trip to get to the start point! Still it'll be another 20-odd on the bike too, although by then I expect you'll be above me.

Bah!! Having struggled through the wind and rain yesterday, the weather is now improving and I had to take the car today due to the need to drop an ill Little-LC at her grandparents. Then the next three days I'm not in the office so won't be on the bike. :laugh:

Shan't be back on the bike now 'til next Tuesday ..:biggrin:

Top Bottom