Added a couple extra miles to my commute this morning in the rain because

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep weather is improving, slight drizzle this morning, (but srong headwind) but still managed to tag on a couple extra miles just for the sake of it.... and may take the long route home too..

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Well I went off to the hairdressers this morning, 4 miles away, but took a scenic route to make it 10.5 miles to get there. Thing is, I didn't realise I'd be fording various rivers on the way and had to take it REALLY slow through them so the water wasn't chucked up over my side bags. My chain has had a good washing as it was definitely under the water for quite a lot of the time.

When I arrived at the hairdressers I took off my woolly hat, into which I had stuffed my hair, and presented the hairdresser with this limp, sweaty, yellowish clump of hair. Magically, after half an hour, the hair looked like a Pantene advert (although not my face!), smooth and shining gold. I walked out of the shop, stuffed my hair back in the woolly hat and cycled a slightly shorter route home, 9.5 miles. Again through some rivers. No rain fell on me but plenty of spray was flung up by passing cars so my face bears significant resemblance to a leopard. When I got home and took of my hat I had a sweaty, tangled clump of yellow stuff again. But shorter this time!

Good thing I did those extra miles though, Keith Oates had hopped ahead of me in Cyclogs; I am now just 2 miles above him again...

Top Bottom