Adding bottle cage mounting holes to an old steel frame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
$_1.JPG

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Do the clip on ones cause frame rub ?
I was looking at a small PX carbon frame and i does not have a seat tube bottle cage point .

cyberknight

Re frame rub, I would put some helicopter tape around the frame, or if you are strapped for cash a piece of old inner tube.
Its just a thought atm, i was going to go for a new bike this year but given how work is going atm its unlikely so i was looking at alternative of a new frame but im looking at £300-£400 to save maybe 300 g and its like is it a good idea ?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Its just a thought atm, i was going to go for a new bike this year but given how work is going atm its unlikely so i was looking at alternative of a new frame but im looking at £300-£400 to save maybe 300 g and its like is it a good idea ?
What width of tire are you riding? 700x23? Because when I changed down to 700x23s, I gained a good deal of speed. I was a bit leary, being a large fellow, but it has worked out fine. Like shaving a few pounds off the bicycle.

cyberknight

What width of tire are you riding? 700x23? Because when I changed down to 700x23s, I gained a good deal of speed. I was a bit leary, being a large fellow, but it has worked out fine. Like shaving a few pounds off the bicycle.

I went to 700x23 from 700x28s, and had a 2-3 average mile per hour improvement over the same course under similar conditions.
Bit confused you went to a smaller width and a wider width and still gained speed ?

Top Bottom