Addison lee told to use bus lanes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Addison Lee mini cab drivers told to use bus lanes from Monday. Previously only black cabs could use bus (and bike) lanes.
BikeBiz.com has discovered that private hire company Addison Lee of London is advising all of its drivers to start using bus lanes from tomorrow. Currently only black cabs are allowed to drive in bus lanes.
Read more >

I'm sure some of you will agree that this is a nightmare.. Addison lee are known to be some of the worst drivers on the roads of London.

I'm not sure about the legitimacy of their claim to use bus lanes, i'm having a hard time finding any official documentation about the laws.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
God help us...!!!

musa

Über Member
well, this will be the start of a disaster....and could lead to paths being created for other known companies. its bad enough with cabbies and MOTORBIKES

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
It looks like the law regarding who is allowed to use bus lanes or not is down to the Traffic Management Order for the specific section of road. It would seem that the TMO's only state taxi, and they don't actually define what a taxi is. So it is open to interpretation as to wether private hire vehicles are allowed to use london bus lanes.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
It looks like the law regarding who is allowed to use bus lanes or not is down to the Traffic Management Order for the specific section of road. It would seem that the TMO's only state taxi, and they don't actually define what a taxi is. So it is open to interpretation as to wether private hire vehicles are allowed to use london bus lanes.

A TRO that stipulated taxi only covers not allowing private hire in them as the law states what a taxi is( public transportation, able to pick up at th's side of the roads) sounds like this operator is trying to be smart?

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
A TRO that stipulated taxi only covers not allowing private hire in them as the law states what a taxi is( public transportation, able to pick up at th's side of the roads) sounds like this operator is trying to be smart?
The operator of private hire vehicles or the bus lanes?

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
The operator of private hire vehicles or the bus lanes?

The private hire operator

GfromHull

Is this some sort of legal loop hole they have picked up on? In regards to the definition of taxi v's private hire.

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I've done a lot of reading in the past 3 hours. To me they are pushing there luck. I reckon i've found out enough to say that a private hire vehicle is not a taxi.... all shall be revealed in my blog tomorrow.

Top Bottom