Adjuster screws on track ends.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
image.jpeg
I have a relatively silly question. For a fixed build I am starting on, the frame came with adjuster screws on the track ends.

Do I actually need to use these, as it seems to my novice brain that they will just get in the way when it comes to removing the wheel? I would have assumed that just properly torqued track nuts would be sufficient. So what am I missing?

pawl

Legendary Member
View attachment 130783 I have a relatively silly question. For a fixed build I am starting on, the frame came with adjuster screws on the track ends.

Do I actually need to use these, as it seems to my novice brain that they will just get in the way when it comes to removing the wheel? I would have assumed that just properly torqued track nuts would be sufficient. So what am I missing?

The screws keep the wheel level in the track ends,eg when replacing the wheel

D

Deleted member 1258

View attachment 130783 I have a relatively silly question. For a fixed build I am starting on, the frame came with adjuster screws on the track ends.

They will stop you pulling the wheel forward under power and reduce how often you have to adjust the chain, its very difficult to get the track nuts tight enough to completely eliminate that movement. And remember you have to make sure you don't do the track nuts up that tight that you can't get them undone at the roadside, thats embarrassing. The downside to it is that they make it a bit of a faf getting the wheel out, I've got these on my Genesis.

Top Bottom