Adjusting saddle position to ease pressure on perineum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the snail

Guru
... the saddle rails are angled slightly so that the vertical distance from saddle top to floor actually decreased when I moved it back
are you sure the nose of your saddle isn't angled upwards? I would expect the saddle rails to be horizontal
Anyway, I have a couple of longer rides planned over the weekend, so I'll leave it as it is and see how I get on. The new position might just need getting used to.
I adjusted the nose down a bit while on a longish ride, after it had become uncomfortable, and the benefit was immediately noticeable, so perhaps that is the besy way to do it?

OP
OP
lulubel

lulubel

Über Member
are you sure the nose of your saddle isn't angled upwards? I would expect the saddle rails to be horizontal

Yes, I checked it with a spirit level on flat ground when I started having problems, just to make sure. When you look at the saddle from the side, the rails are noticeably closer to the saddle itself at the nose than they are at the back. It's a women's specific saddle, so maybe that has something to do with it. It's the only one I've ever had, so I don't have anything to compare.

I adjusted the nose down a bit while on a longish ride, after it had become uncomfortable, and the benefit was immediately noticeable, so perhaps that is the besy way to do it?

I hadn't thought of that. I always carry a multi tool with me, so that would be a good idea.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
worth having a think about what happens as you move your bum back, if you stand sideways to a mirror and bend forward at the waist, you'll see your bum moves back to counter balance.

It's a bit tricky to sort out, you can get your saddle in the right spot but then that means the bars aren't and the automatic reaction is to move them closer to the saddle. The problem is that too much weight on the hands can be due to the bars too near as well as too far.

Top Bottom