Adobe Flash Player

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I've been trying to download this Adobe Flash mullarkey so that I can look at some of the vids people keep posting but windows or msn won't let it happen. Are there any ways around this?

OP
OP
Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I've been trying to download this Adobe Flash mullarkey so that I can look at some of the vids people keep posting but windows or msn won't let it happen. Are there any ways around this?

Slim

Über Member
What message are you getting from Windows/MSN ??

It could be your firewall blocking it - in my case I get a pop-up asking me if it's safe.

It may also be your Internet Explorer security settings (look under Tools/Internet Options then the security tab).

Slim

Über Member
What message are you getting from Windows/MSN ??

It could be your firewall blocking it - in my case I get a pop-up asking me if it's safe.

It may also be your Internet Explorer security settings (look under Tools/Internet Options then the security tab).

did you click the bar at the top of the screen with the active x warning on?when you do select the download option for the active x , that should let you downlaod the player..
if you've already done that ignore this post!!;)

did you click the bar at the top of the screen with the active x warning on?when you do select the download option for the active x , that should let you downlaod the player..
if you've already done that ignore this post!!;)

OP
OP
Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I got it in the end. Thanks for all the help. The answer which was similar to the ones above was on the Adobe website and it tells you what to enable/disable. Anyway it works but now an annoying little box comes up all the time asking me if I want it but I suppose I can live with that.

OP
OP
Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I got it in the end. Thanks for all the help. The answer which was similar to the ones above was on the Adobe website and it tells you what to enable/disable. Anyway it works but now an annoying little box comes up all the time asking me if I want it but I suppose I can live with that.

domtyler

Über Member
Andy, have you been living under a stone for the past five years? ;)

IE = Internet Explorer

Firefox is a far, far better web browser. I think I am correct in saying that most guys on here are using Firefox? It is very customisable with thousands of add ons that let you configure just how you want. Give it a go for a week and then come back and tell me you want to go back to Internet Explorer. That is a challenge!

OP
OP
Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I've never seen it abbreviated before. I'm afraid I do tend to go into a coma when IT matters are raised. I'll cheerfully accept your challenge. I've actually just noticed that the blue internet button is actually captioned "internet explorer".

Top Bottom