Adrian Chiles sees red

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
The ones round here only stop the cars when there are no cars to stop.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Life must be a bit boring for him. The Tyne Bridge, Gateshead side crossing gives time to have a drink and eat a sandwich .
Not timed but 2 minutes for that busy York street sounds far too tame.
Yes, that one's terrible. I expect there are people who miss the start of a show at the Sage because they're still waiting to cross the road!

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
The ones round here only stop the cars when there are no cars to stop.

My friend is a lollipop lady based at a pedestrian crossing. She has been told that if the traffic approaches at high speed (more than 30 I think, in a 30 limit) the lights won't change as it's too dangerous to force fast traffic to stop. She, and some of the children crossing, have had near misses with red-light jumpers.

My friend is a lollipop lady based at a pedestrian crossing. She has been told that if the traffic approaches at high speed (more than 30 I think, in a 30 limit) the lights won't change as it's too dangerous to force fast traffic to stop. She, and some of the children crossing, have had near misses with red-light jumpers.

Surely not - it's only cyclists that RLJ!

(may contain satire ...)

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
All 2 minutes and 7 seconds of it.
https://amp.theguardian.com/comment...ins-very-worst-traffic-lights-for-pedestrians

Life must be a bit boring for him. The Tyne Bridge, Gateshead side crossing gives time to have a drink and eat a sandwich .
Not timed but 2 minutes for that busy York street sounds far too tame.

Anyone timed theirs?
I started to read it this morning but couldn't get more than a minute into it before I lost patience. Has Chiles done the one where he stubs his little toe yet? That will be epic.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Make the default of crossing green and those in cars have to wait 2 mins for them to change. Soon sort out the traffic issues at that location.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Contrast UK with European crossings that favour the pedestrian.

I love the ones that count down to green so that you can walk faster or slower on approach.

Last edited:

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
He always strikes me a s being somewhat talent less. I'm happy to be proved wrong though............................................................................................... snooze.

Top Bottom