Adventure road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
Halfords must be due to have one of their sales or discount codes soon, they haven't had one for a while. 10 or 15 % off bikes of around a grand isn't to be sniffed at. Also black friday weekend isnt far off.
Al depends on whether you can wait a while of course.

vickster

Legendary Member
Halfords must be due to have one of their sales or discount codes soon, they haven't had one for a while. 10 or 15 % off bikes of around a grand isn't to be sniffed at. Also black friday weekend isnt far off.
Al depends on whether you can wait a while of course.
If a code rather than a fixed sale price, can’t be used with C2W IIRC

Venod

Eh up
My Boardman is called ‘CX’ and came with big knobbly tyres. No issue with fitting rack and full mudguards

That's more to do with marketing.

There are quite a few CX bikes now that have mudguard fittings and take bigger tyres.
I have a Kinesis Pro 6 with 36 mm tyres and guards
My son has a Planet X XLA wth mounts and big tyre clearance,( a good budget bike)
I have on OnOne Pickenflick running 38mm tyres that measure 40mm on the rim, no mounts but I have run it with guards.
The manufactures are at last realising it doesent take much to add mounts to CX bikes that usualy have more clearance than a road bike.

vickster

Legendary Member
Last edited:

Kajjal

Guru
The difference between a gravel bike and a cx bike is , cx bikes have thinner tyres with a setup that makes them better at frequent sharper corners. A gravel bike can fit wider tyres and is setup to rumble over terrain more easily. Part of this is down to frame and fork geometry but in some cases there is not much difference in reality.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A true CX bike, designed for racing, will have no bottle mounts because CX races are short.

The cables will be routed above the top tube in order to make it easy to shoulder the bike without fouling them.

The bike will also not have very low gears because as soon as it is quicker to run with it, that is what the CX racer will do.

Smir

@Jumbosausage1 unsure if its already been mentioned but your not limited to Evans/Halfords there's loads of places that take Halfords cycle to work scheme, maybe even somewhere local to you, even random bike shops online..

Tredz, Cycles UK and I even think cyclestore? (haven't confirmed with them yet though)

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Shame it's not got thru-axles imo. Better than QR's as there are never any disc/pad alignment issues after wheel removal/re-install.

Top Bottom