Advice choosing a factory built singlespeed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I think if I wanted a fixed/ss bike I would build my own since it would be a much simpler proposition than a geared bike. (Also - ready-built geared bikes seem cheap for what they are, whereas read-built fixed/ss bikes often seem expensive and/or heavy for what they are.)
£550 for mine and I'm chuffed to bits. It would definitely cost a lot more to build.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
£550 for mine and I'm chuffed to bits. It would definitely cost a lot more to build.
I am baffled by people paying £1,000-odd for one-speed bikes that weigh well over 20 pounds and which do not have particularly amazing frames or wheels. There is no need for them to cost that much or weigh that much! EXAMPLE. (£950 and 22 lbs.)

£550 and 19-20 lbs is more like it!

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I am baffled by people paying £1,000-odd for one-speed bikes that weigh well over 20 pounds and which do not have particularly amazing frames or wheels. There is no need for them to cost that much or weigh that much! EXAMPLE. (£950 and 22 lbs.)

£550 and 19-20 lbs is more like it!
Ha yeah I've seen that before....brooks grips and saddle don't cost £400! The best bargain by far remains to be the on-one pompino for £499 or less depending on whether they're on sale or not.

DaveS

Seems manufacturers are afraid to build top end ss bikes. Not all of us ride ss because it can be cheap. Full carbon race frame with eccentric bottom bracket and race wheels, maybe 105 finishing kit? Lead me to it!

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Single speed/fixed don't hold there value,buy one second hand,I just bought a No Logo for £35.00,ok not a brilliant bike but good to see if you like ss/fixed
I reckon it's the opposite of this, a quick look thought the classifieds of LFGSS seems to back me up. The pre-loved ss and fixies go for a higher percentage of the original price than the geared bikes.

Top Bottom