Advice/cycle partner for Normandy July-Aug

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MicOnBike

I'm staying with friends in Normandy (Verneuil-sur-Avre) and want to cycle tour around for a week or two (or more?)
- Any advice where to rent a touring bike? (VTC in French) My search led to just two, pretty expensive (100euro per week) places. Also in Paris possible (I fly into Paris).
- I'll be happy to cycle together for few hours or days if you're in the area- contact me and let's see if we fit.
- suggested routes in Normandy?
Thanks/merci bien! for any reply!
p.s I've biked a full month in Brittany which was amazing.
Mod Edit:
Phone number deleted for privacy.
@MicOnBike remember that the whole of the www. can read Cycle Chat!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gillstay

Über Member
I'm staying with friends in Normandy (Verneuil-sur-Avre) and want to cycle tour around for a week or two (or more?)
- Any advice where to rent a touring bike? (VTC in French) My search led to just two, pretty expensive (100euro per week) places. Also in Paris possible (I fly into Paris).
- I'll be happy to cycle together for few hours or days if you're in the area- contact me and let's see if we fit.
- suggested routes in Normandy?
Thanks/merci bien! for any reply!
p.s I've biked a full month in Brittany which was amazing.
Michael WApp +972-524446053

We cycled a lot around Domfont and really enjoyed it for its history, food and wildlife. Just stayed at one place and did big loops out each day.

Drink cider and Perry so as to be in the groove. The French often bought us a second bottle after we had struggled through the first at lunchtime. We always refused it and made sure after lunch was a shorter route.

DRM

Guru
To be fair I think 100 euros per week is pretty cheap, our local MTB trail centre charge £35 for up to 4 hours hire for a Marin hardtail MTB, having recently got back from the Loire Valley prices in France seem to have risen considerably for the supermarket food shop, eating out and petrol/diesel prices.

Top Bottom