Advice for a new crank for a Felt F95

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Get the cassette and chain replaced asap (Halfords branch will have the components in stock). If you do this yourself you'll need a shimano cassette lockring tool, a chain whip, a large adjustable spanner and a chain tool (to reduce the length of the chain before fitting).
Clean the chainrings thoroughly to make them 'nice' for the new chain, and then take time to test the drivetrain.
No mention of a crank puller in there! :okay:

DRM

Guru
Edit (and crossed with @DRM's answer):

@DRM surprised you didn't tell the OP they'd need a new bottom bracket to fit that chainset (seeing the current BB is a perfectly serviceable square taper).
Oh, and tools (20 spline) to remove the current BB and a different one to install the outboard bearing BB that the FSA chainset needs.
I thought that was a square taper as I’ve got one on one of mine, FSA must have updated it from square taper to hollow tech style.

OP
OP
G

gyrojay

Changed the cassette, no probs, the lock ring wasn't tight at all, probably it came off too easily. However getting the rear wheel back on, jeez, took me ages (though that does include having to go out in the garden to find one of the quick release springs). In the end I had turn the bike upside down. It looks so easy on Youtube.

Top Bottom