Advice for a new type of bike light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sixmile

Veteran
I can't be the only one who read this thread and initially thought " flip me, B&M bargains do decent bike lights?!?!"

Slioch

Guru
I miss these for their sheer versatility and design excellence.

1570727240667.png

Can you redesign one bringing it up to current day standards? Say, 800 lumens and a couple of flash modes?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Take a look at the Ding Light - great idea, shame the construction was poor. Badly sealed against water (actually mud got inside) and the mount snapped off the case. Self contained, reasonably bright, and lit the ground under the bike - great idea for commuting and off road, but shocking quality (after all the R&D). I liked that light until it broke.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I should like a light like my Cateye Volt1300, with an easily adjustable (for tightness) universal joint. That way in normal riding I can have it tightened sufficiently so as not to move on our poorly surfaced roads. However, if a motorist decides to burn my retinas with their car's full beam, I can easily move the light, to "remind" them to be more considerate.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I do dynamo lights (Edelux 2).
This is a good equivalent of a car's dipped beam, but what I'd like is the equivalent of a car full beam, at the flick of a switch, from the same light unit.
The same standard of construction woyld be good too.

Currently, I sometimes use a separate torch (Fenix PD35), which gives an additional full beam on the tail switch, but it's an extra light, and not exactly instant.

G3CWI

Veteran
Have you considered designing bike lights with indicators built in?

Indicators on bikes! You could be onto something there... Genius.

kynikos

Veteran
I'd like one with three switches:
ON/OFF - obviously
LOW/MEDIUM/HIGH - brightness, so as to accomodate different ambient conditions
COOL/HOT - former for using whilst on the bIke; latter so it can be used to barbeque my favourite meats

A rear flasher which if it has a blinding macho mode/level automatically senses when it's fastened to A helmet (easy i would have thought, distance from ground) and if it is matches the rear facing light with the sound of a hammer on an anvil directed forwards. If attached lower down, to bike, vibrates in order to sexually excite rider/confirm to them that they are god's gift to whatever they fancy and ever so gradually undo any bolts/fasteners.

Last edited:
Top Bottom