Advice from niece... please wear a helmet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
@Drago, I didn't recognise you, have you had a hair cut?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Wear a helmet Uncle Monty as I might drive like an idiot and mow you down.

No Darling Niece, Put this helmet on while I slap you round the head really hard.

Moderators

Legendary Member
@doog and @david k .... what has any of this got to do with my niece or my helmet?:scratch:

Nothing - so a lot of off-topic posts have been deleted.

If anyone has a query about moderator actions, send a PM to Shaun about it - do not start discussing it on another thread.

doog - if you have sent a PM to the Moderators account, it will be answered in due course. Less than a day's delay in your PM being answered is not a reason to post your complaints in public.
If you post off-topic again in this thread you will be banned from this thread too.

I refer you to this section of the User Guidelines and Rules:
Moderation – Staff members have the final say on anything. If they ask you to do something, please consider doing it. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to them directly but not publicly. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted. We are not perfect and if you feel that we have made a mistake, please privately (but calmly, respectfully and constructively), contact a staff member or the site owner and we will review the situation.

MontyVeda - sorry for interrupting your thread - but please just report any further off-topic posts rather than replying to them.

Thank you

Last edited:

RichardB

Slightly retro
yebbutt don't IAM teach you to be in the wrong gear and avoid using indicators where possible as it saves the batteries
Heh. I disagree with a lot of the IAM's 'teachings', and as Satnav says the standard is not as high as RoSPA. It's basically good, everyday driving. I passed both car and motorcycle tests 20+ years ago by simply driving with due caution, good observation, and a desire to 'get on with it' when safe to do so. There is no requirement to re-test, just a hint that it 'might be useful'. However, the standard of their test is good, and if everyone drove according to that standard, there wouldn't be half the 'demon driver' threads on here. (I found the standard of the bike test far higher than the car test, by the way. It was tough.) I stick with them because the subscription is less than the discount it gets me with insurance, and because the letters in the magazine have enormous unintentional comedy value. But don't let anyone kid you that they are a superior being because they are IAM members. The test is the standard that the normal driving test should be.

Licramite

Über Member
with the numbers of people who don't have insurance or licenses seams ironic those that do would have to be re-trested.

as for neice - tell her the next person she mows down could be you, so perhaps she should drive with that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom